Crosman Deluxe Two Stage Adjustable Trigger System Kit

Started by Noah, January 21, 2014, 03:02:41 AM

Noah

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Noah on January 21, 2014, 03:02:41 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crosman-Deluxe-Two-Stage-Adjustable-Trigger-System-Kit-2240-2250-1377-1322-2289-/331109288102?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Have we talked about this particular item yet?  ???

Alliance Hobby strikes again! That is nothing more than the 1701P/P-Rod grip frame and trigger group. Buy it from Crosman for @$40.
Larry

vertguy

And they fail to mention the need for a new hammer. Those little details for the uninformed :-*
PC77
FX Verminator .22

Fronzdan

That just seems wrong. Over double the price and an incomplete upgrade. Maybe they tell you in the shipment how to use JB Weld.

Davio

I came across this.  http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Pellet-Pistol-Modified-Breech/dp/B00BZ9KW7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390292985&sr=8-1&keywords=crosman+1740

First thought: Has Crosman LOST THEIR MINDS?!? How many people will think that Crosman brought the 1740 back? Even though it says modified... it also says sold by Crosman... until you select the breech and then you know...  >:(
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

ped

if you read the add it doesn't inc the grip frame the pins or the over travel screw all for $89, you can now get a complete unit for less in the uk
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

droid

Quote from: Davio on January 21, 2014, 09:23:53 AM
I came across this.  http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Pellet-Pistol-Modified-Breech/dp/B00BZ9KW7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390292985&sr=8-1&keywords=crosman+1740

First thought: Has Crosman LOST THEIR MINDS?!? How many people will think that Crosman brought the 1740 back? Even though it says modified... it also says sold by Crosman... until you select the breech and then you know...  >:(

That one is misleading David, I'm suprised they are allowed to do that.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

DBOdude

ebay is full of folks looking for suckers .....
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

farrlarr

Quote from: DBOdude on January 21, 2014, 04:50:50 PM

That is just one of the many reasons I never look on Ebay for anything!!
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Davio

Quote from: DBOdude on January 21, 2014, 04:50:50 PM
True.  And so do many others including car dealerships, furniture store, jewelry stores, bank cards, Amazon, and many/most other businesses.  I BUY on ebay all the time and have for years.  I have never been cheated or swindled over many hundred of purchases.  I have even bought and sold cars and trucks for some of the best purchases in my life.

The two things that overcome being cheated that works 100% of the time on ebay is...

#1: Do not BE a sucker. Know what the item should cost.  Buy from people with very high feedback ratings (and large numbers of sales, too).

#2: ALWAYS search for what you want and then ALWAYS change the sort criteria to "Price + shipping: lowest first". What always comes up to begin with is eBay's "Best Match" sort.  "Best Match" is never best.  It is something their mindless twits came up with to confuse the crap out of folks.

Lets use the venerable Crosman ball bearing as an example. Lets say you need one fast.  Search "Crosman ball bearing". Their "best match sort this time gives me the ball AND spring on top.  I change the sort to "Price + shipping: lowest first" and now the lowest price single ball bearing is on top.  After that (next cheapest) is two of them. Those happen to both be me.  Nobody else wants to package and label and ship one for my price, I suppose. The only other one is $9.99 from a pick your part drop down.  Now that is a sucker price.

Now, lets say you are into these guns and you like to have lots of these parts (or even share with forum brothers).  Cool!  You will buy 50 and guess what?  You will never search for one or two.  But if you are, lets see why the best price for one of $1.49 plus $1 shipping is all about.  Lets say you order one.  Here is what happens: I have to keep these and never run out.  I had to order them and make a place for them forever.  My daughter gets one, puts it and a card in a plastic ziplock, places that in an envelope, runs a self-adhesive label through the laser jet, applies it, tapes over your address and the tracking lines with two pieces of very clear tape, then places it in our shipping box.  Adn ultimately I pay her at the end of the week for the couple minutes she spent on your order.  The shipping label cost $1.69.  The packaging cost about 25 cents.  Two minutes of labor cost .20.  Profit: $.35  How many of you would do all that for .35 ?   

Damn!  Am I the sucker?  :o
No.  People need this and want it fast.  Many things fall into that category (not at all profitable but necessary for a well stocked / full service "store").  I actually knowingly lose money on Pellgunoil and a few other items.  That's okay.  It's not all about the money.

Carry on!  :) 
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

BDS

Yes... what Dave said and, I assume that those ball brg. type customer conveinece sales are really part of the "marketing cost" for the higher profit and more mainstay products that you can actually make a profit on?

Smart customers will recognize this and come back for the hi-$$ stuff because you helped them with the little stuff.
Brian

quickster47 †

Good find Noah.  However, and don't you just hate that part, what you found is nothing more than a repackaging of parts from Crosman but missing the all important hammer.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

vertguy

I decided to challenge Alliance via a message and asked specifically why they failed to mention the need for a new hammer... and here are both responses:

Me: Does your kit include a new hammer...

Alliance: It does not. At least not the prod hammer. I could include a 2240 hammer if you wanted one and you could work it down yourself. I have a buyer in Canada that's bought a half dozen of these and has worked the hammer so the assm works correctly

Me: I only ask as that should be stated in the ad as neither the 13xx or 22xx stock hammer will work without filling in the grove

Alliance: And I quote: "Please note the following: User adjustment and general "fiddling around" may be required. In product testing, I found
that that you may have to grind or file down the top of the sear for proper hammer engagement and release."

Also:

"This kit is NOT designed for the new user, but rather someone
with either a) time on their hands or b) novice gunsmith knowledge."

Note to sell... never buy from this seller :-*
PC77
FX Verminator .22

DBOdude

my reply wasn't meant to disrespect anyone here that sells on ebay . AC Customs is my first and only ebay purchase/experience , and i plan to do business with him again . i would feel %100 safe also doing business with the regulars on this forum . 
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

droid

Alliance are one of the few suppliers we have access to over here in the UK.

Granted that trigger is steep but things like barrels, 2300 tubes, 2289 tubes etc.. I found to be quite reasonable. Plus they are not available in the UK. We cannot buy barrels mail order over here.

All the dealings I have had with them have been positive.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk