Operation Trigger Upgrade Complete!

Started by vertguy, January 30, 2014, 03:23:23 AM

vertguy

I finally wrapped up 1701P trigger frame upgrades on both my 1377 and 2400KT. Long over due as this is by far the best upgrade completed to date on either gun. Nice and smooth trigger pulls :-*

The 1377 was pretty simple as I used a custom smooth hammer from Ped that has a built in spring guide and it was just a matter of swapping it along with the new frame. I also had ordered a Mellon hammer, which I will more than likely use on the 1377 with a RJ breech I just picked up in the Yellow. But I used the other frame on a 2240 I just sold, so a good excuse to place another order from Crosman.

For the 2400KT, I started with a P-rod hammer and had to notch it to clear the new rear breech screw location. And I found out the hard way that using the P-rod striker makes the hammer stop too far into the valve and it pretty much emptied the cart as soon as I shot the first round. Since I had an extra striker, I decided to simply grind off the head... which worked perfectly.

The upgraded pair...

PC77
FX Verminator .22

DBOdude

i want to do that mod myself  , i hear/read nothing but great things about it . :-*
looks great and thanks for sharing  :)
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

quickster47 †

Yes it is a great mod and one that has the best return on investment I've ever done.

I keep expecting Crosman to offer a kit for us serious airgunners that would include all the pieces you need.  Maybe one day...

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ped

does anyone from crosman look on the forums to see what people actually want ,i suppose not or all the models would come with a steel breech and prod grip frames
it seems a classic case of we've been making them for so long that people willl buy our product on name alone
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BDS

Crosman doesn't see the world like we do IMO. The box-stock 13XX and 22XX guns are a "marketplace" to Crosman, far more than a product(s). That marketplace is mostly the 16 to 30 yr old, under $60 buyer who sees these products as disposables.

The next tier for Crosman is the Custom Shop, which is more of a minimum amount of add-ons from a menu shop, than a true custom shop (like a Smith & Wesson type). As an example, the custom shop trigger is no better than any other 2240, it just happens to have an add-on adjuster and a set screw in the trigger guard.

Marketing guys don't like to "water down" the benefits of a higher priced product (P-Rod) by offering some of it's advantages on lower priced products (2240's).
Brian

ped

i think thats the problem the marketing guys/bean counter have more say than anyone else better to sell 3 at a lower price than one at a slightly higer price then offer the better parts as an extra
ped 
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

vertguy

Quote from: quickster47 on January 30, 2014, 02:43:49 PM
I keep expecting Crosman to offer a kit for us serious airgunners that would include all the pieces you need.  Maybe one day...

Carl

I could not agree more! Oh well, if they offered all these part kits that would take the fun out of our tinkering :-*

I was slow to start doing anything more than some of the basic mods, but after these trigger swaps I need to get a chrony and really start tweaking my guns. Think I will cash in some recognition $$ I have from work for Amazon and get one ordered.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

BDS

Quote from: ped on January 30, 2014, 10:04:55 PM
i think thats the problem the marketing guys/bean counter have more say than anyone else better to sell 3 at a lower price than one at a slightly higer price then offer the better parts as an extra
ped

Exactly ped, sell one hundred 2240 guns with $10 profit or... ten 2240 "Special guns" with $30 profit, the math is easy for them to figure, likewise the pain factor at their assy benches for the "specials".
Brian

Crosshairs

Having a nice trigger makes shooting so much more rewarding and fun then a stock trigger.
                                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!