13xx arrow shooter

Started by bluefork, January 30, 2014, 07:33:32 AM

DavidS

I am thinking about making an Carbon fiber reinforced PLA launch tube, and wood arrows to see how it works out.   I think that it could be great.

The ones I will grab if I need to go in a hurry (ie tornado flies through town, or similar):
Crosman 101 (My Original).
Crosman 140 (Sears 126-19300).
Crosman 2289.
Daisy 953.
Crosman 1322.
Crosman 1389.

beerhippy

If I can get enough speed out of my scheme I will add razor blade inserts to the point and have a racoon gitter maybe.
Man, that was close!

airriflenut

Quote from: beerhippy on March 25, 2015, 02:01:21 PM
Hey, no worries.  I've been looking at tubes from this outfit for the arrows;  https://goodwinds.com/carbon/wrapped/sky-shark-p-series-tubes.html  They are ultra light weight for kite building.  They  have  carbon rod that fits the .244 I.d. and I can turn that into a point and glue it in.

I've a 10" bbl. that I can cut down and bore out to fit a brass mandrel.  Costs almost nothing for a .25" brass tube with an I.d. of 0.19"  it will need to be turned down a wee bit to fit the shafts.  http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=1539&step=4&showunits=inches&id=84&top_cat=0

So I'll start with a 6" arrow and see what kind of speed I can get.

OnlineMetals is awesome, shipping is high but they have a LOT of metal!!  I wouldn't go with brass tube, my first launch tube were 316 stainless steel and they bent easily.  I'll have to see if I still have my thru-the-scope video, I edited it to slow motion and you can clearly see the new carbon launch tube whipping in the shot.

Also, I wouldn't expect major velocities from the get-go.  There is a fine balance between pressure and valve volume, I'm still chasing the velocity with my rig.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

airriflenut

This is the mini-broadhead I made from the Snuffer 125 grain glue-on tip...wicked sharp and spun dead straight chucked in the lathe!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.