pump seal

Started by blacksmith99, February 01, 2014, 03:52:23 AM

blacksmith99

Hi,

I ordered a new seal kit for my 1322 from Archer. I think the pistol is a Phase II. Made after 1979.  I would guess I bought it about 1989 or so. It has the rear cocking knob and the round external bolt rather than a actual bolt. Two piece grip.

The pump seal I got was different. The old one had a pointed cup and the new one had a flat down inside the cup. It seems to work but I would rather have the correct part.

I have found a few threads about this. Still absorbing the info.

I don't think I want to machine the valve to match the seal. It's a brass one and I understand those are not made any more.

Are the aluminum ones as good? It might be better to get a new valve.

Is there a place to buy the correct pump seal? A few extra FPS would be fine, but it's not a goal. Yet........

Thanks!

Matt

Trophyhunter49

The seal you bought will work just fine!! I don't think you will ever find one like the OE seal!! I have a Phase II that was made in 1979 , rear cocking. The valve in your Phase II is like the later ones but its brass. Rite!! The check vale inside it is longer than the newer ones.
Don't  machine the valve to match the seal!!!!  The brass valve is highly sought after.  They are better than the aluminum ones.  The best thing you can do with this gun is to leave it as stock as posable.  I hope this helps!!