1322 pelletts

Started by blacksmith99, February 09, 2014, 04:55:42 AM

blacksmith99

Is there a thread that provides info on the accuracy potential of different pellets in the 1322?

Either I haven't found the right search term or there may not be one.

What do you all like the best in the 1322 for target shooting?

Thanks,

Matt

breakfastchef

Not all pistols shoot the same pellets well. It does take some testing to find the right one(s).

For pure target shooting, wadcutters make nice crisp-edged holes for easy scoring. These type pellets fly very true at short distances. H&N and RWS make a variety of wadcutters from economy priced to Olympic competition grade. H&N also makes pellets with varying head diameters for those who are seeking the absolute most accurate pellet for thier guns.

A good start would be to try H&N Sport, RWS Hobby, & RWS Meisterkugeln. But, you never know, cheap Daisy or Gamo pellets may also shoot just fine for you at half the price.
Larry

mudduck48

My sons backpacker 2289G likes the Crosman premier HP pellets. My BIG DOG 1322 likes the cheap GAMO match. Just buy the cheapest 22 pellets you can find. Shoot a tin, aprox. 250 pellets, then start trying different pellets to see which one your gun likes. Like breakfastchef said, we can not tell you which pellet to use. The gun will tell you which one it likes. Then you go to PA and buy 12 tins and save money. 
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

K.O.

So far the Crosman hollow points in the tin allow me to hit a quarter or very close misses at 30 yards with my 14.5" barreled 1322 but I may have

just got lucky with a few good tins.
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

T191032

Matt, the easiest route to take is go to Pyramid Air site, select .22 caliber pellets in the ammo link. Set your search from there. You looking for wadcutters? Think in .22 they have 6 to choose from. Round nose? More than plenty to go with. Depends on what you want to do for shooting. With their "Buy 3, 4th free" promotion you can get a good selection to try. Also StraightShooters offers a pellet sampler you could look into.

Sent from my phone (excuse spelling errors, I dont normally look here on my phone).
Cheers
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Crosshairs

It's funny thing you ask i had the same problem finding a pellet for one of my pumpers a 1377 reason i say funny is one of my other pumpers shoots RWS hobby pellets great so i started with them in the new 1377 thinking i was good to go well NOT. So if i give you a list of pellets that do shoot well in one of my guns may not work in yours. Like said above you will have to do your own testing for each and every gun to find the best pellet for that one gun.
                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

blacksmith99

Thanks!

That explains why there is not really a thread already.

I knew that I would have to find a pellet that my gun likes by shooting different ones. You gave me a few suggestions to get me started.

I will have to go through the agony of shooting my pistol to find the right one.

Ha! Just kidding, that part is fun too!

Regards,

Matt

blacksmith99

breakfastchef

Quote from: blacksmith99 on February 09, 2014, 05:16:51 PM
Mudduck,

PA?

Thanks!

Matt

Pyramyd Air

Buy Three tins and the fourth is free.
Larry

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Fronzdan

Start with Crosman Premier Hollowpoints. Typically they do well in Crosman barrels.  Not always , but they are fairly cheap and a good place to begin your search.

eric

straight shooters sells variety packs ,not the cheapest way to go but with an assortment of pellets (25 of each) it's an easy way to find what works and what doesn't  http://www.straightshooters.com/choose-a-pellet-p2.html    scroll to the bottom
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

targettgii

I was going to say the same thing Eric.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

blacksmith99

Thanks!

I appreciate the help.

Regards,

Matt

woody67

My best pellet overall in all guns has been the JSBs..dont know why, but they have been the most consistent.