13xx red dot or scope

Started by intense, April 13, 2014, 04:49:41 AM

intense

Pistol config.  What scope or dot do you run and why?
thanks guys

intense

Everyone is just running the stock sights?

bgmcgee

Got a reflex sight on my 2300kt.  But most of the others are stock open sights.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

eric

i have used both and it comes down to personal choice .are you looking for decent consistency/accuracy(paper punching) or quick target acquisition(hunting/pesting) --- two different things --- a pistol scope will give you better results for accuracy if punching paper and such giving you tighter groupings or say close range pesting if you have time to set the +(crosshairs or target dot depending on the scope) on your target . a dot sight can give decent consistency/accuracy out to a limited range but for small game/pesting apps getting the dot on the target is much easier and quicker and that can also depend on the type of dot sight used as well ---- a "tube" vs a "reflecks"(larger sight window) 
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

breakfastchef

Quote from: intense on April 13, 2014, 04:49:41 AM
Pistol config.  What scope or dot do you run and why?
thanks guys

My preference is dot sights on pistols. They can be quite accurate. I shoot an Ultradot 25mm, Two Walther Multi-Reticle sights and a Millett SP-1.

I've tried to shoot rifle scopes on a few pistols, but did not get consistent results. Scope magnification amplifies my natural sway/movement making precise aiming difficult for me. I use the taco hold on a scoped pistol. For these reasons I use dot sights.

Long eye relief pistol scopes and I do not get along.
Larry

intense

I have the Walther MRS on my 1322 looking for other options on the 1377

Redleg

I am using a Perrini Red-Green dot 1x30 scope on my 1377.  I find it is of great help to my failing eyesight and works well out to 25 yards or so.  It also enables shooting with both eyes open which I prefer.
Crosman 3576, , C1377, C2400kt, IZH-60, Beeman P17,31 Crosman Vigilante, Tanfoglio Limited, Tanfoglio Gold

BillK

I have a BSA 30m 5moa dot and a Millett SP-1 20m 3moa dot.   IMO the Millet is far superior.  Smaller, lighter, use your own rings and most important the 3moa dot.  Any dot is going to cover a portion of the target and the smaller area covered the better. 
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

ped

as i'm cr*p with a pistol i use a carbine with a scope for pests but for plinking cans with a pistol open sights
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com