1300 shooting high

Started by Ryan, May 12, 2014, 01:48:29 AM

Ryan

I have been shooting a 1300 for the last little while. I enjoy shooting it much more so than my 1322. It's not as loud as a flattop 1322, but I am quite happy with it. I would trade the little less power for its compactness and ease of handling in comparison to a 1322.

The only thing is, it consistently shoots high. The rear-sight plate is already sitting as high as it can go. Is it just me or it is with the 1300s? Duck, does your 1300 shoot high as well?

breakfastchef

If shooting high, you would lower the rear sight blade. Some lengthen the slot the screw goes through. You could also add something to the top of the front sight to raise it a bit. Final option is to aim lower.
Larry

mudduck48

Listen to breakfastchefe, lower your rear sight blade. I guess you got this thing rebuilt. Put it on a bench rest and try it again. :-\
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

agninja

I don't mind shooting high. That puts me dead on at a further range. Plus, most targets have an easy aim point. At the bottom of the circle on a bullseye target. Or at the belly/feet of an animal.  Then it leaves you with the full target sitting in your sight picture, instead of the lower half being obscured by the sights.
Black air pistols matter.

mudduck48

Please show us a picture of your rear sight. I bought one and it had the wrong front sight and the wrong rear sight. Show the front sight also. And it also was shooting high. I haven't fixed it yet, just need to change the front sight. It has the front sight off a 130. Your rear sight should be metal and look like the sight on the right.

Crosshairs

My 1300 did shoot a bit high also and just about ran out of adjustment for a 33 ft range but she's shooting fine now.
                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Ryan

Sorry guys. I tried to take some pic with my cell phone, but I guess I must be too stupid to be able to take some clear pic. Will go to look for a camera for better pic.

My 1300 does have a metal rear sight. The rear sight blade is about 3/4 of the 13xx rear sight height. The front sight/barrel linkage looks almost the same if not identical to the 13xx's.

Duck, you said yours has a wrong front sight. What did you mean by that? Did someone put a 13xx front sight on it?

I notice that the sear does not self-reset after a shot. It does not happen all the times, just some times. I will know if it didn't because the 1300 would fart after the first pump. I am thinking, just thinking out load now, that I may put a .177 barrel into it after I had taken everything apart. I thought a .177 barrel may make up for the .22's low velocity.

The serial # is roll-stamped on the loading gate. It's 716xxx. It must be one of the first batch when the 1300 was introduced in 1971.

Ryan

Pardon me. The height of my 1300 front sight measures 1.542" from the top of the  sight to the bottom of the pump tube. The 13xx measures exactly 1.542" as well.

The 1300's linkage front extends .185" from the pump tube opening whereas the 13xx is .328".
The 1300's roll pin is set back 1.542" from the pump tube opening whereas the 13xx's is 2.91"

They look almost the same, but not exactly the same as I have previously stated.

BillK

The 1300 on the left has the same front sight as a 130 (2nd variation) and is shown on Crosman to be the only 1300 front sight.  I think many front sights have been changed to the newer style as shown on the right.  The original 1300 sight is lower.

Duck,  I too have one of those 1300 rear sights that has not been drilled for a blade.  I thought it was just a mistake at the factory.  The 130 rear sights had a screw & blade or just a L shaped blade. 

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

mudduck48

Your sight on the left is a 130 front sight. See, there is no spacer under the barrel. The one on the right is a 1300 sight. The 2 sights I showed you, the one on the left is off a 150 CO2 gun. The one on the right is a 1300 rear sight. Now, which front sight do you have on the gun that is shooting too high?