triggers

Started by airriflenut, May 28, 2014, 01:05:29 PM

airriflenut

I guess this is more of a makeshift poll.
The Beast is being converted to Disco powerplant next week, it will still be wearing the 1377 frame.  I am also building a 12 gram pistol.  I'm am curios about the Prod mod.  All of my frames are OEM with all parts highly polished and well fit.

I would like to get some feedback on the pro's/con's of each.  I haven't priced out the Prod parts yet so I would like some opinions before I jump onto the phone to Crosman with yet another order.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

BillK

The 1701P grip frame complete W/ safety spring & ball is $37.50.  Separate parts are at least twice as much $.
IMO there is no better trigger available for the 22-13xx frames.   Fully polished and resprung W/Cothran trigger is a close second.
As personal as triggers are about the only way you will know is to get a 1701P frame.  If you don't like it, it will sell fast.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

KevinP

Quote from: BillK on May 28, 2014, 04:43:16 PM
The 1701P grip frame complete W/ safety spring & ball is $37.50.  Separate parts are at least twice as much $.
IMO there is no better trigger available for the 22-13xx frames.   Fully polished and resprung W/Cothran trigger is a close second.
As personal as triggers are about the only way you will know is to get a 1701P frame.  If you don't like it, it will sell fast.

I have to agree ....   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

Bill K is right, try it or sell it, either way you wont be dissapointed  :-*
Brian

breakfastchef

The two-stage-ish trigger in the 1701P is worth the price alone. The drop sear design does not penalize you (like a stock grip frame/trigger group) when using a heavy hammer spring. The 1701P trigger group benefits from a polish, shim and lube job. As always, put on a trigger shoe from Bryan & Associates and never look back. Your OEM grip frame can be sold for up to $30 or more. This brings your cost to switch much lower.

You will need a solid hammer. Make one or fill the waist of the hammer in your gun.
Larry

airriflenut

Thanks you guys.  I've not yet shot a drop sear airgun, I'm sure I would never look back if tried one.  I do miss the crisp break of powder burners, my 77/22 was awesome after polishing!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.