The "Mutt"

Started by airriflenut, May 29, 2014, 03:33:18 AM

airriflenut

Since the Beast will be going Disco next week I went ahead and tore it down in preparation.  As I was bagging and labeling the parts I had an epiphany...take some Beast parts, some 2400 KT parts (still not completed on its mods) and some 1377 parts and see what I could come up with.  The Mutt!!

Here's who gave up what, some temporary, some permanent:

Beast: breech, breech riser, modded hammer and valve (both will follow the 2260 tube later) and frame.  The frame is actually the original 1377 frame, the 1377 has/had a Crosmods trigger frame but the 1377 frame has mods I did specifically for the Beast.

2400 KT: 2250 tube and LDC.

1377 (the "Scorpion"): barrel and bolt/bolt handle.

This was so freakin fun to shoot I spent two days thinking of a way to break the bad news to my wife that her unfinished 2400 had given up parts for the greater good, I was also waiting for a good time to present my plea for parts to make a permanent build...the $$$ factor.  It all went much smoother than I thought it would.  I will be calling Crosman Tuesday for parts, online with BnA for a riser and Amazon for the dot sight.

This will actually be built on the 2240 tube left over from the Beast build and have the BnA aluminum breech to keep it light.  I'll post pics along the way.

I was sending lead flying today just because it was so much fun but I did manage to send 10 shots over the chrony.  The RWS Superdome 8.3 grain was the pellet for the day.
String 1:
564.64 average, no pre-load on the spring

String 2:
593.06 average, spring pre-loaded to no cock and backed up until a safe cocking point was reached.

Not a screamer but mighty fun for my first CO2 pistol mod!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

bgmcgee

Pretty darn cool.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

tinker

Great build on the first custom pistol from parts Sterling.  Now you are forever afflicted with the dreaded "build it"  illness that is prevelant here.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

KevinP

Nice job and good numbers ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

airriflenut

Quote from: tinker on May 29, 2014, 06:47:40 AM
Great build on the first custom pistol from parts Sterling.  Now you are forever afflicted with the dreaded "build it"  illness that is prevelant here.

Glen

It's too late my friend, I was diagnosed (by myself) when I built my first mod two years ago.  Unfortunately the the prescription to relieve any symptoms of this life-long illness isn't cheap and has to be obtained from various sources.  When I can't afford to have the prescription refilled I just play with the previous prescriptions!!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

targettgii

I always liked mutts real nice build Sterling. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Monkeydad1969

The Mutt is very nice...I totally understand it when it comes to $$$ for a build...see what I mean?

And still going---ordering a.357 barrel from B&A and a Power House Valve from Cothran.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.