REDNECK POLOCK CO2 FILL ADAPTER

Started by airriflenut, June 12, 2014, 05:55:28 AM

airriflenut

I'm not sure what y'all will make of this, good or bad I can hack it!  I was needing a way to bulk-fill the Disco conversion and the pistol build from the four 12 ounce tanks I already have.  I'm not yet able to get the HPA setup for the rifle or pistol so it will be CO2 for now.

I figured I would use the homemade drop forward and on/off ASA with line degas from the Beast since it won't be bottle fed anymore.  A pressure gauge on the fill adapter didn't seem necessary as this is a CO2 only setup and the pressures are within the safe limits of the gun tubes.

There was a slight problem with the ASA...a small knob, nerve damaged hands with arthritis setting in don't go together.  So, being a fan of PVC projects I had an idea.  Why not make a handle for the drop forward using the existing mounting holes and a large, easy to turn handle for the ASA knob?!  A bit of head scratching and two trips to the hardware store and I had my problems resolved......

The handle is 1/2" Sch. 40; two flat caps with aluminum 10-32 threaded ferrules epoxied in with shorts stubs of pipe to connect the caps and elbows and a short piece of pipe between for the handle.  The on/off handle is a mix of Sch. 40 and Sch. 80 fittings.  It just so happened that the i.d. of 1" Sch. 80 pipe was just a smidge larger than the knob on the ASA.  A 1" coupler with a short piece of pipe glued in gave enough "meat" to drill and tap four holes for 10-32x3/8" set screws to secure it.  The turning handle is made with a 1"x1/2" bushing, 1/2" Sch. 40 "T" and two end caps, all connected with stubs of pipe.

So, how well does it work??  Haven't found out yet!  I'm still waiting on the breech riser for the Disco and I just got the valve parts for the pistol from Crosman today.  The pistol valve needs to be pinned, tomorrows project.  I will have quite a few pics of each build posted in a few days, the revised butt stock from the Beast is turning out awesome!!  There will be numerous pics of that!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

tinker

Sterling,
  That's a masterpiece of ingenuity!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

woody67

Good thinking!
Looks quite manageable now  :-*

airriflenut

Thank you gents, thank you kindly!!
Sterling

ped

Is the fill fitting a slide check one,if not you'll need to have a way of bleeding the air line to disconnect it from the gun
great thinking outside the box though
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

T191032

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

airriflenut

Quote from: ped on June 12, 2014, 08:13:05 PM
Is the fill fitting a slide check one,if not you'll need to have a way of bleeding the air line to disconnect it from the gun
great thinking outside the box though
ped

Thanks ped!  This ASA has a line degas that let's all of the gas in the hose out when it is shut off.  Got it from eBay when I built the Beast, don't recall the brand but it was listed as " caged unimount ASA with on/off and line degas".  Just $20 so I snagged it!
Sterling

woody67

Just poke a hole in the hose and keep your finger on it while filling....hahahaha just kidding, DON'T do that!!

airriflenut

Quote from: woody67 on June 13, 2014, 12:28:21 AM
Just poke a hole in the hose and keep your finger on it while filling....hahahaha just kidding, DON'T do that!!

It's a funny thing you mention that, I was about to get an ice pick out and make sure the line is COMPLETELY bled!!  Lmfao!!   ;D :D
Sterling