Say hello to my lil friend

Started by akula8608, July 29, 2014, 12:26:18 AM

akula8608

I just finished this lil dude up. 18" .177, Boss valve w/ max flow face. Archer tank block. Using rap4 45 gr cylinder cause it's sexy. Shoots CPs at 750-760 fps (85deg). Found that the disco hammer spring was of no advantage, just wasted more gas. Getting about a shot per gram of co2. Gas hog but bulk co2 is cheap.
U.S. Navy Submarine Force 1986-2008

breakfastchef

Very nice carbine, tony. I agree that the 45g cylinder looks great on the gun. The zip tie around the breech and compression tube is just awesome, too.

Since you know the carbine is a bit of a gas hog, have you played around with a lighter striker or lighter striker spring? Sometimes just backing off the blow to the valve stem will waste less gas and hardly effect pellet velocity. Kind of a balancing act really. Been reading about it for the past several months as one of a few ways to make a CO2 gun shoot more efficiently. But, as you said, CO2 is pretty cheap.
Larry

airriflenut

That is a cool looking shooter!  I do like the looks of that small cylinder out front.  I had to have a second look after Larry mentioned the zip-tie... ??? ??? ???
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

Cross Pistol Packer

Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

akula8608

Lighten up the hammer itself eh? I haven't tried that mod yet. I shall give it a go. Thanks Chef!!

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

BillK

That is a nice looking build.  I like the way the rap4 cylinder balances out the gun.  Nice. :-*
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Monkeydad1969

Now that really makes me want to bottle my Disco or just build a bottled gun...hmmmm... :-[
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Tater

Quote from: airriflenut on July 29, 2014, 03:19:58 AM
That is a cool looking shooter!  I do like the looks of that small cylinder out front.  I had to have a second look after Larry mentioned the zip-tie... ??? ??? ???

Me too.
BTW, what is the reason for the zip-tie?
Very cool gun too, love it.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

akula8608

The reason for the zip tie is kind of funny. I stripped out the fwd threads in the main tube where the trigger group fastens. Had to do something to secure the fwd end of the trigger group.

Tater

Quote from: akula8608 on July 30, 2014, 08:25:16 AM
The reason for the zip tie is kind of funny. I stripped out the fwd threads in the main tube where the trigger group fastens. Had to do something to secure the fwd end of the trigger group.

Ahhh, thanks. Thanks what I figured.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

That came out nice and some nice numbers !!!   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

BigErn

Super cool shooter dude, love the color too!

Crosshairs

Looking good you did a nice job on her. I like the color.
     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!