Umarex Air Rifle Cleaning Kit ..... anybody tried it ?

Started by DBOdude, August 01, 2014, 10:24:53 AM

DBOdude

well , i just ordered one with free delivery to my local store ... should be there on august 15th . and since it's wally world if i don't like it i'll have a few weeks to take it back for a refund :) for $9.08 including tax i'll give it a shot . i won't be using the brass brushes though , only plastic ones ;) .

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Umarex-Air-Rifle-Cleaning-Kit/35599453

" ...... Umarex made it easy to keep your air rifle in great shape. This cleaning kit has components for both .177 and .22 caliber air rifles. Packaged in a unique compact carrying case, this kit includes a 33-inch flexible rod that won't harm your bore, .177 and .22 brass brushes, .177 and .22 cleaning mops, 25 cleaning pads, a handle that can convert into a screwdriver and a six-bit driver set.

Umarex Air Rifle Cleaning Kit:
33" flexible rod
.177 cleaning brush
.22 cleaning brush
.177 cleaning mop
.22 cleaning mop
25 cleaning pads
Multi-function handle
6-bit driver set
.177/.22 thread adapter ...... "

more info from PA
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Umarex_Airgun_Cleaning_Kit_177_Cal_22_Cal/5106
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Tater

For $9, seems like you can't loose. I looks pretty interesting too. Please post your thoughts after trying it.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

breakfastchef

Add a drinking straw to the kit. If you have any muzzle brake with internals, put the straw in it until it hits the muzzle. This will make it very easy to get the flexible rod into the bore.

I use the JL Crown Saver for barrel cleaning, and discarded t-shirts so I can cut my own patches.
Larry

DBOdude

never had a cleaning kit befor , just used weed wacker line and old clothes patches . so my thoughts will be as a newbie . but i will post my thoughts and post a few pics . it will be a few weeks before it arrives though because i'm too cheap to pay a few dollars for shipping to my house  :D  :-* 

Monkeydad1969

I wouldn't use the brass brushes.  They may scar the inside of your barrel(s).  I just use 50lb test and cotton patches, Goo Gone, and some Hoppes oil in my pcp's and pumpers.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

DBOdude

got a order shipped e-mail this morning ...... and a tracking # . didn't expect the # since i got it shipped to my local store for free . it's still saying "Arrives by Fri., Aug 15" ......

Old Dog

Got one coming to my local store also, I like the straw idea for threading thru the muzzle brake, also have plenty of old tee shirts to cut up for patches...

Have A GREAT Day :)

Bill :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

KevinP

I use q tips cut in half , dipped in goo gone and shoot them out, then shoot dry ones
till they come out clean. works fine and is fun ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Old Dog

The super people on this great forum are always coming up with ideas that are cool and usually simple but effective :)

Old Dog

Quote from: Old Dog on August 05, 2014, 08:39:52 PM
Got one coming to my local store also, I like the straw idea for threading thru the muzzle brake, also have plenty of old tee shirts to cut up for patches...

Have A GREAT Day :)

Bill :)

My umarex airgun cleaning kit from Walmart arrived today, the brushes are bristle not metal, the bore mops are cotton, 6 assorted bits that fit in one end of combination pulling handle/screwdriver and a plastic instruction insert on the back of the case...

The plastic case is nice and latches well...

I am well satisfied with it overall :)

Mischief

I know this is an old thread but ....

Isn't it a good idea to clean the grooves too? The patches, q-tips, swabs will clean the lands but they will deposit "gunk" into the grooves.

I have a 1377...has anyone found a nice, small, nylon brush that will fit through the breech end for cleaning?
----------------------------
Regards,
---Frank---
Crosman 1377
AF .25 TT AAA Condor (Blue)
AF .22 Talon
A Few Springers
MANY Powder Burners!

Hinecken

I just picked up this kit as I had a 15% off Sports Authority coupon.  The brushes are Nylon and it comes with a bore mop as well.  I like it because I can use some parts of it with my 22LR rifle.

I'm not ignoring your question about the grooves, I am just too new to airguns to give you a proper answer.  I would tend to agree with you though.  I do know they need MUCH less cleaning than powder burners. 

mudduck48

Quote from: Mischief on January 12, 2016, 03:23:24 PM
I know this is an old thread but ....

Isn't it a good idea to clean the grooves too? The patches, q-tips, swabs will clean the lands but they will deposit "gunk" into the grooves.

I have a 1377...has anyone found a nice, small, nylon brush that will fit through the breech end for cleaning?
Hoppes sells one. I'm just using the ebay to show you what to look for. I have this kit. :-*
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoppes9-Cleaning-kit-for-177-Cal-Air-Rifles-Pistols-BB-Guns-17-cal-Rimfire-/311500826109?hash=item4886e565fd:g:UOwAAOSwHQ9WWhEO
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Mischief

That brush will fit in the breech of the 1377? Most of the brushes I've found are around 3" long and would be way too long to fit...without bending them.
----------------------------
Regards,
---Frank---
Crosman 1377
AF .25 TT AAA Condor (Blue)
AF .22 Talon
A Few Springers
MANY Powder Burners!

Hinecken

Nope, but it's cleaned so infrequently that I'll pull the barrel to do it