going pcp in a few days!!

Started by airriflenut, August 05, 2014, 04:28:17 AM

airriflenut

Got the 80cf SCUBA tank today, a cool metallic blue, wanted the metallic purple...win some lose some.  At least I was able to get a tank BEFORE squirrel season ends.  The yoke and whip hose should be here by Wednesday...is it Wednesday yet?!  Also ordered a 0-3000 psi gauge to put on the rifle, my old eyesight needs a gauge with fewer markings so I can better tell when it's full and needs filled.

A selection of pellets from PA should be here Thursday, so the testing should be getting started early Sunday morning.  I'll have to order a Disco fill adapter for the pistol so I can play with HPA in it, although it will most likely will be bulk CO2 most of the time.  Lots of testing/tuning ahead.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

Sterling, as Joe said go get'em!
  By the way once you play with HPA in the pistol there is usually no going back!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

airriflenut

Quote from: tinker on August 05, 2014, 07:35:48 AM

Glen

I didn't figure I'd have much luck with giving up HPA, now all I need to do is get a 6 cf pony tank to take on long cool weather hunts...if I get a limit of squirrel or get bored I can shoot at impromptu targets, busting hickory nut off a tree can be fun!
Sterling

tinker

Sterling,
A little chraper than a carbon fiber bottle and regulated out put so just open the valve and fill!

http://www.jdsairman.com/TanksRegs.html

Glen
(Tinker)

WyoMan

Quote from: tinker on August 05, 2014, 07:35:48 AM

Glen

Not sure about that Glen...might depend on how you build them:

trying to resist "the dark side"  ;D
sorry for the jack.....
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Monkeydad1969

Wyoman---show off... :D  Very nice groups...oh, and the shooters look nice, too.  :-*

LOL...very cool shooters.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

Hahaha, love it Wyo!  Very nice set of shooters.
  I unfortunately can't use any pump style airguns.  My left hand wrist won't tolerate pumping to pressurize an airgun.  So it was the dark side for me.

Glen
(Tinker)

WyoMan

Thanks guys!
Sorry about your wrist Glen, and, the brief interuption...I'll see you on the dark side sooner or later...
Carry on  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

targettgii

Wyo where the hell you been man???????
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

airriflenut

A very nice looking quartet Wyo!!  What brand of optics, the gold ring on the objective tells me Leupold but I could be wrong.  And a .20, some day I will own at least ONE gun with a .20 LW!!

The yoke and pellets came today but with errands there was only time for one fill and a few "I just gotta shoot HPA!!" shots.  RWS 8.3 grain 1121 fps but velocities were dropping too much with each shot.  With the way the butt stock is mounted on the rifle it is either clip to tune or shim to tune...unless I make a thumbhole stock and a regular power adjuster.
Sterling