Crosman 622 pump action .22 Co2 rifle

Started by Trophyhunter49, October 10, 2014, 03:25:09 AM

Trophyhunter49

Found this ad on American Airguns Claddified Ads a little bit ago. $135.00 plus shipping.  I just thought it was neet ! Just wish I had the extra cash I would jump on this one!! Check it out GUYS

Trophyhunter49

Mr.7624452 , Thank you very much!! I could not get it to do that for me !! :-* :-*

Old Dog

This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Bill L.

I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

BDS

Quote from: Bill L. on October 12, 2014, 12:51:07 AM
Thanks for posting this,I bought it! :-*

Nice Bill... I have two of the 622's, fun guns but... be sure to use Wad-cutters (length of pellet matters for the magazine) and check the magazine closely for wear or "loose" condition. Some guys have replaced the tiny coil spring (retains the pellets like an o-ring) with o-rings but.. the o-rings tend to roll and even get cut over time. Best fix is removing the coil spring, cut 2 or 3 coils off as needed to tighten it, use tiny/short (like eyeglasses type) set screw to rejoin ends of spring (match spring I.D.) and seal with super-glue. Crosman's 622 magazine concept was a good one but, under mass production it is not the most precision device. Fixing the spring is 90% of the battle however.

Also, the 622 pierces the co2 cart by screwing the co2 filler cap (compression of the cart into a piercing pin at the valve) so... a new or new-ish piercing pin and seal is a must because there is no hammer strike piercing like a 2240. Here's a link to Nick Carter's great blogs, I think he has three parts to this blog on the 622. You can see all the internals and read his good commentary.

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/crosman-622-disassembly-part-1.html
Brian

Bill L.

Thanks for the info Brian.This rifle is NOS so hopefully it wont need to much work.John told me when he took the cap off it still had the green test cylinder in it.I am going to send it off to Tim at Mac1 and have him pin the valve to the tube and open up the ports to get it up to about 600fps.He told me that's all you can get out of it if the barrel has not been reamed.
Bill 
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

BDS

Good plan, the better (LNIB) of my two guns chrony's at 602 fps with 11.7gr RWS wadcutters.
Brian