1322 roll pin diameter

Started by Bud, April 03, 2015, 04:20:45 AM

Bud

I want to replace the roll pin on my 1322 with a stainless screw or bolt.  The diameter that I get for the roll pin is .166. What diameter bolt or screw did you use to replace the roll pin? Thanks Bud  ???

beerhippy

3/16 will fit pivot plug but you will need to drill out the holes in the pump tube to that size.  You will also need to deburr the inside surface of the holes carefully so you don't damage your piston.  I used a dremmel with a sanding drum.  Keep that pump tube clean by plugging it with a rag or paper towel before you drill.  Here is a link to a custom pin.  http://www.accustommods.com/small-parts.html
Man, that was close!

mudduck48

PM our Davio here on the forum and get one of his roll pin replacements. You will not have to drill or sand or do anything but remove the roll pin and install his pin. Don't get scared, this ebay listing is to show you the pin he sells. He gives forum member a discount on his items.  ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DESIGN-STAINLESS-STEEL-ROLL-PIN-REPLACEMENT-for-Crosman-1322-BackPacker-ETC-/301028540188?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4616b2ff1c
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

beerhippy

Davio's pins are nice and the best I think of all the custom pins. I needed to drill out the pump tube holes on my installation.  Its not a hard thing to do.  And note that the stainless screws are #9 torx bit type, not allen heads.  I really like mine, makes accesing the piston very easy.
Man, that was close!

Bud

Thanks for the replies. I just ordered  a Boss Buddy port and one of Davios valves, and a heavier hammer spring. So for a while my spending is curtailed.When it comes to spending it's like I'm 13 years old again. I just wish my body felt 13 again, more like 130. While i was on his site I see that he has a set of open sights with fiber optic inserts for the stock plastic breech. That will be my next purchase. Originally I was going to go for the steel breech and a red dot sight.  This is a cheaper alternative. I paid $40 + shipping about $8. I've got almost that in parts already. I gave my Beeman C1 to my son recently, he will wind up with all of my hunting equipment. If he wants a better let him spend his  own money. I bought this 1322 because it was cheap. Boy was I wrong. ;D