trigger pull

Started by Bud, June 05, 2015, 08:25:02 PM

Bud

After putting in my after market parts, including a heavier hammer spring, my trigger is extremely hard to pull. I would hazard a guess of about 10 lbs. of pressure are required. Before putting my 1322 back together I stoned the trigger and hammer. Anybody got an idea where I screwed up?

mudduck48

I have an idea. Take the left grip panel off, cock the gun, no air, pull out your sear spring and see if you still have that heavy trigger pull. Why, you ask? Because the hammer is pushing on the sear, you put a heavyer hammer spring in your gun. On my 1377 rear cocker, I put a lighter spring in and got my trigger pull down to 1lb. But it won't dump all the air at 10 pumps.  Just try taking your left panel off and pull out your sear spring, then see if that is where you 10 lbs is coming from.
I also polished the face of the hammer with 2000gt and the sear. I used Mobile synthetic grease on the bearing surfaces. 
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

bgmcgee

Just like duck's comments the heavy hammer spring is resulting in your heavy hammer. Best bet is go back to the standard hammer spring and go lighter on the spring inside the valve. Then you can play with the sear spring to lighten up your trigger even more but keep it safe and check progress.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Bud

Will give that a try. Thanks

'

DBOdude

if you want a really nice trigger get a 1701p/p-rod trigger grip and a solid hammer . i did all the mods to the stock 13xx trigger and they definitely improved it . but adding the 1701p and solid hammer was immediately noticeable . much softer , smoother and more importantly more predictable . i highly recommend it  :-* :-*
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

agninja

You basically need to overcome the side to side pressure exerted by the hammer spring which creates friction on the sear as it moves vertically. The stronger spring makes more pressure which requires more force to overcome it which works its way through the trigger assembly into your finger.

You could probably mitigate that a bit by removing material from the sear, rounding it out some, and polish both the sear and the hammer where they touch. But then you might end up with a very "jumpy" trigger pull that has no travel and just goes off hair trigger style.
Black air pistols matter.

Quote from: DBOdude on June 06, 2015, 09:18:36 AM
if you want a really nice trigger get a 1701p/p-rod trigger grip and a solid hammer . i did all the mods to the stock 13xx trigger and they definitely improved it . but adding the 1701p and solid hammer was immediately noticeable . much softer , smoother and more importantly more predictable . i highly recommend it  :-* :-*
Exactly right.  I did most every thing you can to improve the pull on a standard trigger, although some of them worked pretty well, nothing can touch the 1701P trigger group.  :-*
Stranded in California.

Bud

Took the left grip panel off like you suggested. I removed the sear spring like you suggested. What a difference, I decided to remove the 22 rim fire shell that I installed in the sear spring. Being new to this modding stuff , I read some where that if you polished an MT 22 and installed it in the sear spring it would keep the spring from cocking and hanging up. Well mine did just the opposite. Thanks for the help. I also installed my scope, now to get the new tube cap fabricated, and install the new 24" barrel. :)