3D printed breech riser

Started by Apachexmd, July 29, 2015, 10:04:10 AM

Apachexmd

Here is a 3D printed breech riser. It's a 5mm rise (though that's fully customizable), and was printed in ABS plastic at 0.25mm layer height.

For those of you familiar with 3d printing/modeling, I've uploaded the SCAD source file to Youmagine. You can customize the riser height, as well as the diameters of the holes. Or pretty much everything else too since it's the source.

The included STL is the 5mm rise.

I'm no good with the lathe, but I managed to hack together a longer hammer pin. I also retapped the tiny breech screw hole to 3x0.5mm threads. I machined down a 3mm allen head screw to fit into the breech hole, and then slotted the screw (machining it down eliminated the allen hole.)

(In the assembled picture below, you can see a little bit of what's coming next...)

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

beerhippy

Now that is a perfect part to 3d print.  Only compressive forces acting  on it.  Very nice indeed.
Man, that was close!

jSan22

You know,  a cool part to 3d print would be the spacer between the barrel and tube for the 1377. Id buy that.

Apachexmd

That'd be a very easy part to model and print. I can have an STL and SCAD model posted later tonight. It'll be customizable for length tube sizes and gap distance.

mudduck48

Quote from: jSan22 on July 29, 2015, 11:01:56 PM
You know,  a cool part to 3d print would be the spacer between the barrel and tube for the 1377. Id buy that.
PM Davio here on the forum, he sells them and tell him you are a member of the forum and get a discount.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OLD-SCHOOL-Crosman-BLACK-BARREL-TUBE-SPACER-TRIM-for-1322-1377-PC77-Air-Guns-/291053462592?hash=item43c4236440
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Monkeydad1969

You just solved a bunch of things for me.  How much to have it made up?
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Apachexmd

Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on July 30, 2015, 04:04:06 AM
You just solved a bunch of things for me.  How much to have it made up?

Were you referring to the breech riser?

PM me and we might be able to work something out.

Apachexmd

Quote from: Apachexmd on July 29, 2015, 11:15:09 PM
That'd be a very easy part to model and print. I can have an STL and SCAD model posted later tonight. It'll be customizable for length tube sizes and gap distance.

As promised I've uploaded a model of the barrel/pump tube spacer Youmagine. And if you're savvy with OpenSCAD, the included scad file is parametric so you can change all the parameters including length, width, spacer height, and tube diameters.

Also if it helps, there is a service called 3dHubs that connects people to local 3D printer owners who can print STL files for you for very reasonable costs. This opens up the world of 3d printing to everyone.

quickster47 †

Apachexmd that is some awesome work and a perfect application for 3D printing.  Good job!  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

airriflenut

Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.