Benjamin Trail NP pistol

Started by thejude888, December 14, 2015, 10:55:42 PM

thejude888

Hi everyone,

So I know this gun is kind of old news now but I'm being given one for Christmas this year and I'm just wondering if anyone owns one or has ever used one? I'd be interested to hear what kind of performance it has and what mods people have done.

Thanks.

Brutuz

Mine is a non modded full power version, your's will be <6 fpe UK specs?
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Brutuz

Oh mine isnt that powerfull at all, was mixing it up w a Hatsan I own

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PTU9Z05GTQ#]! no longer available[/url]

thejude888

Yes I believe it's advertised at around 5.5 ft/lbs. I've heard that the stock sight isn't great? Apparently the gun shoots low? Is this true from your experience?

thejude888

Brutuz

Just take the cocking aid off of the barrel when you shoot and it should be fine.

mudduck48

Please don't get me started on the piece of junk. This has to be the worst gun that Crosman ever produced. Don't get me started. I wasted $100 on this thing. IT IS JUNK! Now, don't get me started. >:( >:( >:( 
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BillK

Some folks like it & some folks don't.  It is not an easy pistol to shoot.  And it is hard to get it to be accurate.  It is a spring/piston powered gun and therefore has a big "bump" when you pull the trigger.  I took it as a challenge and have found it a nice plinking, off the porch, type gun. 
As it is only a few years old there are not many mods to cure the poor trigger.  I have noticed that the longer screw mod and hundreds of shots have smoothed the trigger weight & pull much better than the new gun. 
As mentioned, it is not every ones favorite, or even liked, QUACK, gun.

I have replaced the front sight with a front break from a Nitro rifle.  It provides plenty of comfort while cocking the gun.
Any good red dot will do as it is not a 10Meter type competition pistol.
Just another "fun gun".

Note:  While waiting for someone to come up with a good "trigger mod" I am also looking for a stock that would fit this gun.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

mudduck48

If you buy one of these, you have wasted your money! It is a piece of JUNK!!  I got duped into the hype and bought one of the first 100 released. I have learned my lesson. Never again. This gun is a piece of Chinaeze Crosman JUNK!! >:( >:(

Gary

Now Duck, after all that, just how do you really feel about the gun?  :D ;D ;D ;D ;)

thejude888

Wow ok I didn't realise it was that bad. Maybe I'll reconsider what I buy then. Any suggestions of guns around a similar price?

Brutuz

mudduck48

What Brutuz said, the Crosman 1377 or the 1322, now your talking. Get a great gun that you can do something with. The Trail will wind up being a paper weight. The 1377 and the 1322 is one of the best guns to start out with.

thejude888

I'll see how I go with the Trail NP. I've found a few small mods that will make it much better to shoot. I'll come back here with my verdict as soon as I get a chance to shoot it.