2240 Peep Sight..

Started by TennX, January 04, 2016, 08:23:33 PM

TennX

Has anybody drilled out the stock peep on their 2240(plastic breech)..got mine out today and found out I can hit pretty good using the peep,(better than the open) but would like to have just a little more peep hole...Id like to keep at least one pistol with open sights..at 68 and old eyes,Im still trying ...many thanks and Happy New Year....

arkmaker †

Yes, I did it on a carbine project one time and it worked out fine. I only went a little bit, like maybe .010" or so. Doesn't take much.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mudduck48

Quote from: TennX on January 04, 2016, 08:23:33 PM
Has anybody drilled out the stock peep on their 2240(plastic breech)..got mine out today and found out I can hit pretty good using the peep,(better than the open) but would like to have just a little more peep hole...Id like to keep at least one pistol with open sights..at 68 and old eyes,Im still trying ...many thanks and Happy New Year....
68? You are older than dirt.LOL I'm 67 and can relate to the old eyes. :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

Having eyes a little bit older than you TennX, I've drilled out many a peep sight on various guns.  Works well but as arkmaker suggested, go slow and remember it's a lot more difficult to add material back.   ;)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

airmec

TennX, you could use a strip of plastic coffee can lid to make a peep blade, to be able to try different hole sizes, so you don't ruin your stock blade, and plastic is easier to work than steel. You could either keep the plastic blade and save your stock blade, or once you found the correct hole size then re-drill your metal blade 8).
Too many projects, not enough time

1377 x2
2240 - bone stock
2240 - 12'' barrel, sbk, MIM sight/front stock blade
2240 - 10'' LW .177, sbk, Williams sight/front FO, 2-stage trigger and more
357-6
C41
Benjamin EB22 & HB22

arkmaker †

Quote from: airmec on January 08, 2016, 05:29:31 PM
TennX, you could use a strip of plastic coffee can lid to make a peep blade, to be able to try different hole sizes, so you don't ruin your stock blade, and plastic is easier to work than steel. You could either keep the plastic blade and save your stock blade, or once you found the correct hole size then re-drill your metal blade 8) .

Great idea!  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

TennX

Quote from: airmec on January 08, 2016, 05:29:31 PM
TennX, you could use a strip of plastic coffee can lid to make a peep blade, to be able to try different hole sizes, so you don't ruin your stock blade, and plastic is easier to work than steel. You could either keep the plastic blade and save your stock blade, or once you found the correct hole size then re-drill your metal blade 8).

That's an idea...I have plenty of the stock blades but that doesn't mean I need to waste em.....LOL>>