New member and question about repairs

Started by 2blackdogs, April 25, 2016, 03:01:46 PM

2blackdogs

I just joined your forum and would like to say "hello".  Although I only own 2 Crosman pistols, I like them a lot and I'm happy this forum exists.  I have the 2300S (owned it several years ago, sold it, missed it, and recently purchased one again--there's something about shooting with CO2 that I really like...) and the 1701P Silhouette.  My 1701P is leaking air from the air gauge.  It's been doing this for a few years and I've pretty much ignored it until recently when I did something very stupid--managed to get silicone chamber oil into the high pressure tube and now it really leaks.  Anyway, I'm making my story longer than it needs to be...  I contacted Crosman about having it repaired and they said they were very backed up with warranty work and gave me the names and addresses of two repair shops a ways from my home (New Berlin, WI--far enough that I wouldn't want to drive it) to contact.  Then I did some of my own searching and came upon the name of a company called Archer Airguns in Fairport, NY.  What I liked about Archer was that they quoted a price to reseal my 1701P--and I'm assuming that service would probably take care of my air leak--assuming I didn't create a greater repair requirement when I let the silicone get into the chamber.  Anyway, has anyone had experience with Archer Airguns?  are they reputable?  do they tend to charge too much (their reseal service is $89 and includes return shipping)?  Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

2blackdogs welcome to the CAPOF. 

Glad you found us and glad you are here. 

Let the journey begin...

Carl

I can recommend Archer Airguns with no problem. Have had many dealing with them and always found him to be above board about everything and he also does very good work.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

arkmaker †

Welcome e and another thumbs up for Archer Air  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

2blackdogs

Wow, you folks are fast.  Thanks for the welcome and also for the feedback on Archer Airguns.  I think I'll go with them.

quickster47 †

Yep, some of these CAPOF folks are retired and don't have much else to do.  ;D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mudduck48

Welcome. Beware of Anas Platyrhynchos.  :)
Stranded in California.

Noah

Quote from: 7624452 on April 25, 2016, 09:39:07 PM
Anas Platyrhynchos.  :)

??? I sounded it out loud yet still have no idea what this means.
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Quote from: Noah on April 25, 2016, 10:14:14 PM
??? I sounded it out loud yet still have no idea what this means.
Try Google.  :)
Stranded in California.

oldgearhead

Noah - It's a Mallard Duck. I think he was ribbing Mudduck
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

mudduck48

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York