who is Anthony R?

Started by LJ808, May 15, 2016, 11:52:37 PM

LJ808

I'm researching the Pro-Top for a Crosman valve. I've read it's a good thing and Anthony R has them and I've searched for that and Pro-Top to no avail.

May I assume that the "Disco" is Crosman's Discovery Rifle and the "Disco Valve" for the same? Is there a thread that discusses it's use in a 2240?

It appears that the "Disco Valve" may be on my path to a hard hitting 2240, is this current best practices or is there another valve option?
2240 build in progress
1077 build in progress

"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." Brendan Behan

BillK

Anthony R is "Fivestar45" on CAPOF and Anthony Rien in life.  Contact him...amriensr@yahoo . com
A very good guy.

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

bgmcgee

As Bill said Anthony is a good guy to deal with.  The disco valve is a discovery valve.   You only need the stem, spring and back half if you get the pro-top.  It will also work well with the standard 22xx valve. I've got 3 in my guns and do like them. All 3 have the disco parts too.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Brutuz

Maybe this is an option if you want to go hpa
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

LJ808

Quote from: Brutuz on May 16, 2016, 12:39:30 AM
Maybe this is an option if you want to go hpa

The preferred option in my case. Any threads about converting one to .25? Would it be best to start with just parts? How much interchanges with the M-rod?

Right now I'm happy with the 12g CO2 carts and wish to get the most power out of them in my 2240.
2240 build in progress
1077 build in progress

"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." Brendan Behan

Gippeto

If you're considering running your 2240 on hpa, please follow this link. If you've questions, feel free to ask away.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,15742.0.html

Should you choose to look closer at a .25 conversion for your 2240, that's an option too. Not sure what's currently available elsewhere, but could hook you up if you're not in a hurry. Have done a few. ;)

Al

quickster47 †

I'll say this, if you get a .25 cal barrel from Gippeto you will be getting one great piece of hardware that works and works extremely well.  Fit and finish on his stuff is awesome and well worth the modest investment you will make.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Gippeto

1377x

He is a good guy to deal with. Had a pro top but went hpa
closed mouths dont get fed