New member with new Crosman 2240

Started by Tommy, June 07, 2016, 03:58:59 AM

Tommy

Quote from: JC1 on June 28, 2016, 05:31:21 PM
Tommy, I am wanting to get a 2240 and could you answer a couple of questions? Have you installed a rim on it and would a red dot sight fit? On my 1377 I had to install a steel breech before the sight would fit and I was wondering if that would be necessary on the 2240. I can't see the open sights enough to shoot comfortably with out some type of aid.

I am a newbie to air guns and do not know what a rim is yet?
Yes you will need to install a steel breech on a Crosman 2240 to hold a red dot sight.
I am using the stock sights and find the 2240 very nice and accurate if I wait about 15 seconds between shots.   I don't understand what this wait does yet.   Maybe some body will come along and answer our questions. :-*

JC1

Thanks, as you can tell I am a newby also. I think the rim is an attachment that pellets can be loaded into and the pistiol can be loaded by just working the bolt action. I am not sure.

quickster47 †

Quote from: JC1 on June 28, 2016, 05:31:21 PM
Tommy, I am wanting to get a 2240 and could you answer a couple of questions? Have you installed a rim on it and would a red dot sight fit? On my 1377 I had to install a steel breech before the sight would fit and I was wondering if that would be necessary on the 2240. I can't see the open sights enough to shoot comfortably with out some type of aid.

Unless you find a used RIM you will probably never get one as they are no longer made.

In order to use other eight options you will need to install a steel or aluminum breech.  The OEM plastic breech is made only for the open sights.  You can however buy some Crosman intermounts and mount something else but they are not too stable.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †