New member with new Crosman 2240

Started by Tommy, June 07, 2016, 03:58:59 AM

Tommy

Thank you Bert for your prompt reply. 
I live in a rural area on two acres about 40 miles south of Houston Texas.   Have neighbors to close to use a rimfire 22.   My friend loaned me a Benjamin trail nitro piston 22 to suppress squirrels from my pecan trees.   My neighbor and I both have traps but sometimes squirrels  will not go in them.   I liked my friends Benjamin and I can just about cover all the pecan trees when they are on the ground. So I bought one. The Benjiman weighs  almost 10 pounds and is great resting it on a table in the garage.  But is difficult to use with a scope under the trees. 
I bought a Benjimen  nitro pistol 177 and liked it except for the excessive trigger travel.   I returned to the box store for a refund and ordered my Crosman 2240 because I liked the idea of being able to modify it.  The only thing I have done so far was to order two steel balls from Alchemy Air Werks.   I removed the grips holding it over a tray but the safety ball did not fall out.  I pushed the safety button and the spring shot the little steel ball up to wall and it landed somewhere across the room.   I wanted to see the trigger and sear.
I am going to shoot more targets before I change anything.   The trigger works acceptable for me.  I am right handed and have become use to reaching over to pull the bolt back and putting in the pellet.   The sight is very close so I am not going to adjust it yet.
Is there a break in time for the Crosman 2240?

bgmcgee

Welcome aboard. There really shouldn't be much of a break in period. The safety ball is (if I remember correctly) 3/32 . You can get some on ebay just don't pay the ridiculous price fornthe Crosman one. Clean out the barrel with some goo gone or some other light cleaner. Even wd-40 works well. Just no harsh solvents because of the o-rings. You did good on buying from alchemy airwerks as Davio is a member here. Enjoy your new shooter.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

chriswoz83

Welcome aboard Tommy, a couple of nice guns you got there :-*

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Stranded in California.

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

quickster47 †

Tommy, welcome to the CAPOF.  :)

Glad you found us and glad you are here.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

sw1115

Get yourself a steel breech a 1399 stock and a red dot. Squirrels around here hate that stuff. And welcome to the forum.

Skip

RinCG

Welcome to Enablers Paradise Tommy!
With all the things that can be done with the Crosman Pistols you'll be able to cover the Pecan grove just as well at a fraction of that 10lb mater stake.

Trophyhunter49

JC1

Tommy, I am wanting to get a 2240 and could you answer a couple of questions? Have you installed a rim on it and would a red dot sight fit? On my 1377 I had to install a steel breech before the sight would fit and I was wondering if that would be necessary on the 2240. I can't see the open sights enough to shoot comfortably with out some type of aid.