1322 Arrived. HOLY COW!!

Started by KurtM, December 06, 2016, 02:52:43 AM

KurtM

A week ago today I ordered a 1322 with carbine stock package off Amazon, and it arrived in this afternoon's mail. First thing I did was install the shoulder stock, and compressed the trigger spring a little while it was accessible (isn't the internet grand?). I set up a target at ~20' and used a (high quality) photo tripod and homemade "bench rest" accessory to sight it in. About six or eight shots and a couple adjustments later I called it good. Switched the rear sight to peep sight mode 'cuz I never used a peep sight before. Then put the tripod away...

Well, I've shot a couple dozen rounds at 27', and not a single miss yet. I switched from target to beer can, and after a couple hits decided it was no challenge, so laid it on its side and shot at it end-on. Child's play, haha. Then I set up a fresh target, shot six rounds from a casual standing position, as all this shooting was after putting the tripod away, and got a 1.5" group.

Man, these 13xx guns are awesome - the 1377 has been every bit as good! :-*

This just knocks me out, I still can't believe this shi... um, stuff. Just last Monday I knew next to nothing about airguns but got the bright idea to Google the subject. The chatter about the 13xx guns piqued my interest right away, and by the end of the day I had ordered this 1322, and brought a 1377 home from the local sporting goods emporium. And later placed an order for 1377 goodies from Davio, so it's gonna get a shoulder stock and backpacker forearm,  long steel breech, 14.5" barrel, LPA rear sight, and more. I've hardly begun to think what I might get for this '22.

I just can't get over how great these guns are. Made in the USA, inexpensive, high quality - what's not to love about this??
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas

KevinP

:) have a blast with it  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Old Dog

Quote from: KurtM on December 06, 2016, 02:52:43 AM
A week ago today I ordered a 1322 with carbine stock package off Amazon, and it arrived in this afternoon's mail. First thing I did was install the shoulder stock, and compressed the trigger spring a little while it was accessible (isn't the internet grand?). I set up a target at ~20' and used a (high quality) photo tripod and homemade "bench rest" accessory to sight it in. About six or eight shots and a couple adjustments later I called it good. Switched the rear sight to peep sight mode 'cuz I never used a peep sight before. Then put the tripod away...

Well, I've shot a couple dozen rounds at 27', and not a single miss yet. I switched from target to beer can, and after a couple hits decided it was no challenge, so laid it on its side and shot at it end-on. Child's play, haha. Then I set up a fresh target, shot six rounds from a casual standing position, as all this shooting was after putting the tripod away, and got a 1.5" group.

Hook Line and Sinker, Yep, have fun  ;D ;D ;D

Bill :)
Phoenix, AZ

Man, these 13xx guns are awesome - the 1377 has been every bit as good! :-*

This just knocks me out, I still can't believe this shi... um, stuff. Just last Monday I knew next to nothing about airguns but got the bright idea to Google the subject. The chatter about the 13xx guns piqued my interest right away, and by the end of the day I had ordered this 1322, and brought a 1377 home from the local sporting goods emporium. And later placed an order for 1377 goodies from Davio, so it's gonna get a shoulder stock and backpacker forearm,  long steel breech, 14.5" barrel, LPA rear sight, and more. I've hardly begun to think what I might get for this '22.

I just can't get over how great these guns are. Made in the USA, inexpensive, high quality - what's not to love about this??
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

arkmaker †

Sounds like you got a good one! Congrats  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

Congrats! You can go mild to wild with that platform.
closed mouths dont get fed

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Weiand

Jus' one more reason why my next custom shop build will be a 1322  :)
Never 'nuff pellet's...

KurtM

Next Day: Well, I almost missed one shot today, but it still knocked the can aside so not a total miss. Shooting at beer cans on end at 27' with the stock sight flipped over to peep sight mode, and it's just too easy. Even without my glasses. I don't care if anyone else believes this or not ... I mean, why should they? I don't hardly believe it myself! :-\

So I was thinking along the lines of maybe a 4x30 scope before this thing arrived, since I've never had a scoped gun before. But now my attitude's more like Williams peep sight, which would be lighter, more compact, and less subject to getting knocked awry than a scope. I'm guessing, anyway, I don't know beans about either.

Man, I can't wait to get up the country and try some unlimited plinking. Wonder what kinda distance accuracy I can get with this thing?
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas

Weiand

Never 'nuff pellet's...

onebaddj

Congrats on the new shooter! The 13xx platform is a ton of fun.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

targettgii

Congrats on the new shooter you can go in alot of different directions with them. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

KurtM

To tell you the truth, I begin to think I'd have to be an idiot to change anything on this gun. It simply refuses to miss! Might just have to leave it just as it is, and order a new 1322 from the custom shop with steel breech and longer barrel...

...And then order a folding stock!! eBay item number: 291619789695
( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Rear-Stock-w-Power-adjusting-Adapter-for-Crosman-1322-1377-PC77-2289-/291619789695?hash=item43e5e4db7f:g:4TUAAOSwFGNWTUOR )

But may I ask y'all what the "aluminum power adjusting adapter" is and does? I can read that it "adjusts hammer spring tension", but what does that mean to me?

I know I could go to the source and ask Davio, but he seems kinda snowed under lately, plus I want to build up my post count so I can access the buy-sell-trade part.
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas

beejwest

A power adjuster (PA) doesn't mean diddly on a 1322......most of the time.  It simply adjusts hammer tension which is going to sling your hammer harder/faster.  Means it hits the valve stem with more force either opening it faster and/or keeping it open longer. 

There is a ton of research on this and you should sign up for GTA and read Rsternes stuff on pumpers.  A bone stock (internal-wise) 1322/77 does not need a PA to dump all the air and perform to it's maximum.  You MIGHT eek a few FPS out of one just by increasing the hammer pre-load with a PA but that's only a few and it's because the valve will dump faster. 

All this said, if you add a Flat top (FT) Piston/valve, or stuff your factory piston etc., then you may start to run into issues dumping all air past 12-15 pumps.  My 1322 quit dumping all the air at 13 pumps on a factory spring with no PA.  I just added a stiffer hammer spring and that did the trick.  I can dump all air at 25 pumps with a FT piston/valve now.  I get about 650 fps in 14.66 FTT's.

Mostly PA's are more useful in CO2 or HPA applications as you are moderating the valve versus dumping it completely. 

Happy shooting!  There is not a whole lot more fun than a bone stock 1322.  Prepare your wallet though, as you can POUR money into them!
Full blown Crosmaniac.

KurtM

Thanks for that! I'm mostly concerned with the folding stock, and looks like the PA is part and parcel of it. Which begs a question...

Question: What are my options for a folding shoulder stock for the 1322? Is this ( eBay item number: 291619789695  ) it, or are there others? Or this one without the PA?

Yeah, I can already see where it's possible for these inexpensive little gems to go ballistic on wallets. I already have two and a half BTU's in that darn 1377... :o :-[

BTU = Basic Toy Unit, or $100.
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas

beejwest

BTU, that's funny!   ;D. That stock/pa would be fine for your 1322.  The pa won't hurt or hinder your performance.  You may be able to find that stock for ~$20 without the adapter.  Mellon makes a nice adapter for ~$50 IIRC.  Save you $30 that way.  Or check the classifieds on GTA and ask around on here.  Yellow classifieds are awesome too.  Someone may be just ditching theirs and you may get it on the cheap.

As for total options for a folding stock, all I can think of is the tippman style adapter (which is what that is) and a tippman style stock.  Not sure if anyone else makes any others. 
Full blown Crosmaniac.