It has arrived

Started by temchik, January 17, 2017, 01:44:48 AM

beejwest

If you're at the max windage on your WGRS rear sight, you can loosen the set screw on your brake and rotate it for extra windage.  Lots of times those show up canted from the CCS.  Just remember it's a front sight so you turn it the SAME direction your shots are going.  So if you shoot left, move left!
Full blown Crosmaniac.

temchik

Hmm, never thought of this, I can't really see any cant in it, and I am spot on right now, so no need to adjust the front. but will keep it in mind
Thanks!

Quote from: beejwest on January 17, 2017, 05:46:02 PM
If you're at the max windage on your WGRS rear sight, you can loosen the set screw on your brake and rotate it for extra windage.  Lots of times those show up canted from the CCS.  Just remember it's a front sight so you turn it the SAME direction your shots are going.  So if you shoot left, move left!

CraigH

Better than mine.   Until I really lean on the FTP.   But I am at 5835 feet elevation.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

temchik

12 pumps - 580fps - 10.7fpe
14 pumps - 610fps - 11.82fpe!

14 is the max for this one completely stock

temchik

Hmm. Just checked - factory 1322 is spec'ed at 460fps at 10 pumps. Mine puts out 540. How come?

CraigH

The 460 fps is for a 10" barrel.  Still, pretty hot for a stock 14.6" - I would not mess with the internals.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

temchik

Wha?  :D The whole reason I got that thing is to mess with the internals!

Quote from: CraigH on January 17, 2017, 08:30:53 PM
The 460 fps is for a 10" barrel.  Still, pretty hot for a stock 14.6" - I would not mess with the internals.

temchik

I am wondering, though, if a FTP (+long probe) is going to make much difference in this particular gun if it already seems hot.

BillK

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

ped

they are very good numbers for a std gun the new design piston shape and better fitting valve nose to cup must be responsible as I've just fitted a ftp to one for someone and only getting the a little more power and that will be down to the probe
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

temchik

Performed a "trigger job" by polishing all contact surfaces and moly. Very marginal improvement, it's [/youtube] that gritty but the stock spring (even shortened) is way too strong. Waiting for the new spring in the mail. Thinking of drilling and tapping for an overtravel stop screw like my 2300KT has, but there doesn't seem to be much over travel on this one.

Read a bunch of trigger mods, not sure I want to venture into that quite yet. May try the "improved 2-stage" sear I saw somewhere

EDIT: weird, this forum software replaces words "n o  l o n g e r" with [/youtube] :D

CraigH

I tuned up two standard Crosman pistol triggers this week with polish and #6 spring (very light) and are much improved, but will never get to the prod trigger (crosman part number 2220-103)

Also see this:

http://airgunscanada.freeforums.net/thread/121/22xx-trigger-based-kiss-principal
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

temchik

Now I understand why I never had any problems with loading pellets with my 2400KT:

The screw on 2400KT is located under the bolt! Did something recently change? or that's the difference between the 2240 and 1300 models? Everytime I see steel breech kits they are listed as compatible with both 2240 and 13XX, which doesn't make any sense then.....

KurtM

Kinda nice to see I'm not the only one having fits with pellets hanging up on the breech screw. I have one each 1377 and 1322, both modded much like yours with long steel breech, 14.4" barrel, and Williams peep sight on the 1322 (LPA sight on the 1377).

I replaced the probes on both with SS ones from Alchemy, and it definitely helps. But mostly I make a habit of coaxing the pellet into the breech as far as I can with a fingernail before running the bolt forward. It's no problem to do, only to remember to do. I may try the wax trick.

I'm thrilled with the accuracy I'm getting with both my 13XX's! I swear I seldom look at the rear sights, only the front one - it's like the eye automatically centers the rear up. I do know that the eye very much tends to automatically center things in round apertures, and that's the whole idea of peep sights, but I'm still surprised the same principle works so well in the LPA notched sight. Whatever, I'm definitely connecting with whatever I'm shooting at, and that makes me very happy!

Incidentally, I had the same problem you describe with windage with the Williams peep sight. I rotated my muzzle brake/front sight slightly to help.
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas

temchik

I am just unsure how the screw manage to migrate forward and still be compatible with both 2240 and 1322? ???