How Do You Tote Ammo?

Started by KurtM, January 24, 2017, 03:42:23 AM

plasticclassic

Thankyou

First I took the bluing off with vinegar. I removed the dye on anodized parts with oven cleaner.

I sanded it all down with sandpaper, grits as best I remember we're 400,800,1000,2000,3000. Lastly I used 0000 steel wool on the steel parts. I keep a light coat of Remington remoil on it to protect from rust.

It's not really a polished finish, it's more of a satin finish.

kar120c

Quote from: plasticclassic on March 05, 2017, 11:09:52 PM
Thankyou

First I took the bluing off with vinegar. I removed the dye on anodized parts with oven cleaner.

I sanded it all down with sandpaper, grits as best I remember we're 400,800,1000,2000,3000. Lastly I used 0000 steel wool on the steel parts. I keep a light coat of Remington remoil on it to protect from rust.

It's not really a polished finish, it's more of a satin finish.

Veery nice and clean job. I am interested in your pellet pouch. Is it the large or medium seen on the seller website?

targettgii

I have a wilkins pouche also very nice product I like it very much. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

ray1377

Quote from: Old Dog on January 24, 2017, 07:50:41 AM
My collection of opaque 35mm film containers, use them for all kinds of stuff, a snap like lid and dropped in my pocket, caliber marked on the outside !!!

I also use this method but take it one step further.
I go to the craft section of the local store and get some sticky back felt.
I then cut it to fit in the bottom, and around the inside of the canister to keep it quiet while
its moving around in my pocket during hunting, and while fishing around in it for another pellet. :)
Thanks
Ray
Ray Thomas

Master of the 1000 inch shot.

Handyr

That pouch looks really great!!

Multigunner

Quote from: arkmaker on January 26, 2017, 04:25:48 AM

I like that Lead Shed! I went to his website and he [/youtube] makes them anymore. I did find this. Not my cup of tea, but I can see the usefulness if in the woods.
http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-create-a-practical-pellet-holder-for-177-/

I have several pieces of thin hard rubber laying about. I find these occasionally on the street near a factory, don't know what they were used for. I also have a hole puncher for leather work and a set of tube type punches including small diameter tubes.
I could whip one of these up easily without resorting to cutting up old rubber boots.

Awhile back I bought some Gamo 10.5 gr .177 pellets. I found many of these had the skirts mashed out of the round in the tin, badly enough to make loading them difficult.
The tin has a top with a flexible window, probably why they got mashed in shipping.
I figure to sort through these and round out the skirts of the mashed ones, afterwards a secure method of keeping these separated seems necessary to avoid further such problems.

The out of round skirts have caused too many fliers. Also I figure the effort required to load them in my 38T cylinder might crack the plastic.

PS
Searching through my junk drawer I found a vintage Crosman .22 "Superpell" pellet container made like a old time pepper tin with sliding cover. still in fair condition.