How Do You Tote Ammo?

Started by KurtM, January 24, 2017, 03:42:23 AM

KurtM

When you go plinking, how do you pack a few pellets? I have one of those Crosman belt pouches, so there's one idea. But somehow I suspect there may be better ideas out there...
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas

rangerfredbob

I use the Crosman belt pouches like you have, I have at least one for each caliber and take a paint marker (white or silver, whatever I find at the time...) and write the caliber on the front, keep meaning to mark one for my common pellets. I wish those pouches were as easy to come by as they were a few years ago, now they're hard to find at Walmart.com let alone in store... and they used to go on sale here and there online...

Aside from that, I ran across some "Tajin" salt that's meant for fruit but I use it on other stuff, there's a version that comes has a box of 10 small tubes, I've been keeping the empties around thinking they could work good for pellets too...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Old Dog

My collection of opaque 35mm film containers, use them for all kinds of stuff, a snap like lid and dropped in my pocket, caliber marked on the outside !!! 
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Tommy

For my Prod I have four magazines.  One in the Prod, and the other three fit in a MT pellet can in my pocket.

For my single shot pumpers, & break barrel I just pour some into a shirt pocket, and be careful about not bending over to spill them, but rather squat down.

For the 2240 Co2 I count out 35 and put them in an empty snap cap pill bottle.  I don't need to count shots because I can see what is left.  However the sound of the shot is also telling towards the last five.

I did find some Crosman pellet belt pouches on Ebay.  Davio at Alchemy Air Werks has them on Ebay from neefulthings.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XCrosman+pellet+pouch+belt.TRS0&_nkw=Crosman+pellet+pouch+belt&_sacat=0

JMJinNC

I have a Lead Shed on my primary airgun. holds about 19 pellets IIRC

JMJ
John

Old Dog

The Lead Shed looks good, Thanks for posting the picture :-* :-* :-*

Bill :)

Phoenix, AZ
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

KurtM

Thanks for the input, all - very interesting!
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas

arkmaker †

Quote from: JMJinNC on January 24, 2017, 05:07:10 PM
I have a Lead Shed on my primary airgun. holds about 19 pellets IIRC

JMJ

I like that Lead Shed! I went to his website and he no longer makes them anymore. I did find this. Not my cup of tea, but I can see the usefulness if in the woods.
http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-create-a-practical-pellet-holder-for-177-/
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

temchik

+1 fpr the crosman belt pouch. It's not super secure or lasting, but cheap enough to always have a spare

Gippeto

I usually wear jeans or a jacket...stick the tin in a pocket and carry a half dozen in my left hand.

Al

JMJinNC

Quote from: arkmaker on January 26, 2017, 04:25:48 AM

I like that Lead Shed! I went to his website and he [/youtube] makes them anymore. I did find this. Not my cup of tea, but I can see the usefulness if in the woods.
http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-create-a-practical-pellet-holder-for-177-/

Looks a lot like the Phillips pellet holder.

http://www.pelletholder.com/photos.htm

I love my  Lead Shed and may make one more myself since he has stopped selling them.

JMJ
John

arkmaker †

What I could really use these days is a table top one for bench rest. That's what I shoot the most. Years ago, I had one for my .22's (PB) and really liked it. I have no idea what ever became of it?? Once I get through with this bunch of stuff I'm working on now, I might try to make a couple of shelves, each holding 40 sorted pellets that I can stack in an old cigar box? Well, something along those lines.  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

JMJinNC

Rich. I use small Plano lure cases.

I also have small trays for 10m shooting.

Jmj
John