1322 stock rear sight question

Started by Armorer-85, June 01, 2017, 03:44:27 AM

Armorer-85

I recently attempted to sight in my new 1322 indoors from a sandbag rest.  Out of the box it was shooting so far high and left that I was missing a 4" bullseye entirely at 10 yards.  After adjusting the rear sight to it's furthest horizontal right and lowest setting, the pistol is still shooting 2" left and 1" high. 
I'm not very impressed with the rear sight on the 1322 but I didn't expect much from a $50 airgun.
Is this the norm for stock 1322's?  It's not really a big deal since I plan on modifying the pistol extensively.  I am just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with a new 1322 or 1377 fresh out of the box??

Kilmister

No it's really not, are the bore and action out of whack? Those little plastic actions don't have a lot to hold with so that could be one cause. It does not take much to through it off while assembling and if they didn't catch it... Then the sight could be mounted off, just toss a steel action on that thing and those issues go away!
Shoot, shoot, shoot, hey!
Please tell me kind, I'm out of my mind
And I'm telling you
It's not that I'm bad, I'm totally mad
I'm a boogaloo
I'm certain, I must be a burden
Completely...
Over the top, over the top!

Armorer-85

Yes I can tell there is an alignment issue for sure.  As I said, no big deal.  Looking forward to making mods.  Hope to put a GMAC breech on it soon.  So many mod choices and so little time !!!!  ???
Thanks for the reply Kil !!!

beejwest

The steel breech will fix alot of that.  But in the interim loosen the barrel band and move the barrel and retighten everything.  Then sight it in again.  This should fix most of your issues.
Full blown Crosmaniac.

Armorer-85

Thanks Bee...I'll give that a try !!  :-*

Multigunner

Also check that the sight isn't canted.