2240 trigger spring

Started by Jimbo, February 03, 2019, 02:37:27 AM

Hoosier Daddy

1377, 1740, H9A, 1701P, "2060" carbine.... plus a whole lot more ;)

Jimbo

Ok then, I am gonna order the trigger group from Crosman but I think I'm gonna order the hammer from Davio, yeah I know it's a little more money but he has really been good to me with discounts and time on the phone too(that's worth something too) Maybe I can stick that super sear in my 1377 and see how it works there. :)

jebhoge

Quote from: Jimbo on February 27, 2019, 01:21:10 AM
Ok then, I am gonna order the trigger group from Crosman but I think I'm gonna order the hammer from Davio, yeah I know it's a little more money but he has really been good to me with discounts and time on the phone too(that's worth something too) Maybe I can stick that super sear in my 1377 and see how it works there. :)

Good plan. Spread the love!

Jimbo

Ordered, now the wait begins!

Jimbo

New trigger and hammer are in easy peasy. Yep big difference that's for sure, you guys were right on the money. While I was at it I ordered a couple extra springs and ball bearings for the safety (just in case) wow those little suckers are $1.15 each!

CraigH

Yes, but a few in hand are good insurance.

The pistol will work fine without the three safety components removed.

Not a recommendation!    Consult your broker, tax advisor, airgun engineer, lawyer, doctor for advice!    :D
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Jimbo

Maybe I'm just dense but what 3 safety components?

mr007s

The little spring, little ball and the round safety bar which you slide back and forth to engage/disengage the safety feature.

Jimbo

But why would I illuminate those?

Termite

You shouldn't eliminate  ( illuminate ? ) them but you can still use your pistol without them.

CraigH

Cause you have no ball and/or spring - lost in the carpet or wherever it flew off to, and want to shoot the pistol right now, and parts will not be delivered for a week.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Jimbo

When I put in the new trigger assembly I took that super sear and put it in my 1377. The original sear in the 1377 was green in color, I guess they used to paint them. I can notice a bigger difference with the super sear in the 1377 than I could in the 2240 ???

Hoosier Daddy

You can loose the tiny ball and spring but still keep the safety pin in, it just wont have the detente.
Not a big deal if you are right handed, your trigger finger lines right up to the safety and keeps it in "fire" position.
Don't ask me how I know...  :-X
1377, 1740, H9A, 1701P, "2060" carbine.... plus a whole lot more ;)

ped

if you haven't lost a safety ball then you haven't completed your full right of passage in crosman tinkership
I buy from a local bearing shop(3/32") and Gary Lindop sent me a bag of the replacement springs he sells
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

TomR_here

And here I thought I was doing things wrong when working on the 2240 or the P-Rod, as I've lost a few of the safety balls.