Added Red Dot to my 1322

Started by Gramps, September 07, 2023, 04:39:03 AM

Gramps

Recently bought a Crosman 1322 which I really like except for the sights, actually like the peep sight the best but the adjustment is a joke. No clicks or MOA up/down/left/right just little tic marks, pretty crude. I 3D printed a Picatinny rail and put a Feyachi Reflex Sight RS28. Went out tonight to sight it in, man what a difference.  It was love at 1st sight, I think it would have been the same with any red dot. It made shooting so much more pleasant. With the open sights I needed my reading glasses to get a clear vision of the from sight and the target was fuzzy or the front sight was was fuzzy and the target was clear. Tried mono vision but that didn't work well for me, I have a funky left eye. With the Feyachi I can see the reticle and the target. Now I think I want one for my Vigilante even though I think a red dot on a 6 shooter looks dumb.

Flex

Quote from: Gramps on September 07, 2023, 04:39:03 AM
Recently bought a Crosman 1322 which I really like except for the sights, actually like the peep sight the best but the adjustment is a joke. No clicks or MOA up/down/left/right just little tic marks, pretty crude. I 3D printed a Picatinny rail and put a Feyachi Reflex Sight RS28. Went out tonight to sight it in, man what a difference.  It was love at 1st sight, I think it would have been the same with any red dot. It made shooting so much more pleasant. With the open sights I needed my reading glasses to get a clear vision of the from sight and the target was fuzzy or the front sight was was fuzzy and the target was clear. Tried mono vision but that didn't work well for me, I have a funky left eye. With the Feyachi I can see the reticle and the target. Now I think I want one for my Vigilante even though I think a red dot on a 6 shooter looks dumb.
I'm replying to this "older" post for several reasons. Before getting into them, I will say I'm remiss for not being an "active" member for more than a little bit of time. As we all know, life has a way of getting in the way of things we think that we should be doing AND many folks do have more than one hobby/obsession. Now that Winter is rearing its ugly (to some) head, tinkering with my air gun collection moves up several notches on my "what should I do today" list. So much for that stuff.
On to Gramps post, I too, have a 1322 AND I do have an "old school" Red Dot" mounted on it. I immediately upgraded to a steel breech as I believe, based on post in other threads, Gramps has too! Solid choice IMHO. RE: posting to an "older" post, sadly I was otherwise involve with "life" and checking on CAPOF activities was ,again sadly, not on my "things to do today" list. In my defense tho, that seemed to be the case with many members. It's my hope that I'll be able to ramp up my participation on the forum and provide at least some level of insight to new members that are just getting into the "air gun" scene.
I do hope that Gramps is enjoying his new hobby.
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Gramps

Quote from: Flex on November 28, 2023, 03:39:19 AM
I'm replying to this "older" post for several reasons. Before getting into them, I will say I'm remiss for not being an "active" member for more than a little bit of time. As we all know, life has a way of getting in the way of things we think that we should be doing AND many folks do have more than one hobby/obsession. Now that Winter is rearing its ugly (to some) head, tinkering with my air gun collection moves up several notches on my "what should I do today" list. So much for that stuff.
On to Gramps post, I too, have a 1322 AND I do have an "old school" Red Dot" mounted on it. I immediately upgraded to a steel breech as I believe, based on post in other threads, Gramps has too! Solid choice IMHO. RE: posting to an "older" post, sadly I was otherwise involve with "life" and checking on CAPOF activities was ,again sadly, not on my "things to do today" list. In my defense tho, that seemed to be the case with many members. It's my hope that I'll be able to ramp up my participation on the forum and provide at least some level of insight to new members that are just getting into the "air gun" scene.
I do hope that Gramps is enjoying his new hobby.

Thanks for the reply, I to go hot and cold with hobbies, right now I am enjoying my airguns. Now that water has lifted it ugly head here too I built a crude indoor range using a tote full of rubber mulch for a trap. I have added to the collection and just ordered a 1701p which will be my 1st taste of PCP. Right now I'm into pistols and 10m target shooting even though my indoor range is limited to about 6.5 yards.

Flex

Quote from: Gramps on November 29, 2023, 04:55:35 AM
Thanks for the reply, I to go hot and cold with hobbies, right now I am enjoying my airguns. Now that water has lifted it ugly head here too I built a crude indoor range using a tote full of rubber mulch for a trap. I have added to the collection and just ordered a 1701p which will be my 1st taste of PCP. Right now I'm into pistols and 10m target shooting even though my indoor range is limited to about 6.5 yards.
My interests in various "hobby" activities can be very fickle too! It certainly isn't a crime ;-). I do have to say that going from an "entry level" 1322 pumper straight to a 1701p PCP is a climb steeper than most here have taken! Again, not a crime. I've not made that leap and not so sure that I will. Have fun.
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Daisy 105 B
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Daisy 717 target pistol

Gramps

Quote from: Flex on November 29, 2023, 04:44:21 PM
My interests in various "hobby" activities can be very fickle too! It certainly isn't a crime ;-). I do have to say that going from an "entry level" 1322 pumper straight to a 1701p PCP is a climb steeper than most here have taken! Again, not a crime. I've not made that leap and not so sure that I will. Have fun.

Actually the road wasn't that short between the 1701p & the 1322 there's a Daisy 717, 747, Diana Chaser Kit, Vigilante leading all this off was a Gamo P430 (not impressed) then a Gamo Swarm Whisper. From there I bought the Vigilante which got me into the pistols above. I like the Chaser but it's CO2 and I can get 60 shots on a cylinder but not all good shots especially when punching paper maybe 20-30 shots before it starts dropping off. Saw a BF deal on the 1701p I couldn't resit so I jumped on the PCP band wagon or maybe it was a rat hole.  ;D

Flex

Quote from: Gramps on December 01, 2023, 02:49:22 AM
Actually the road wasn't that short between the 1701p & the 1322 there's a Daisy 717, 747, Diana Chaser Kit, Vigilante leading all this off was a Gamo P430 (not impressed) then a Gamo Swarm Whisper. From there I bought the Vigilante which got me into the pistols above. I like the Chaser but it's CO2 and I can get 60 shots on a cylinder but not all good shots especially when punching paper maybe 20-30 shots before it starts dropping off. Saw a BF deal on the 1701p I couldn't resit so I jumped on the PCP band wagon or maybe it was a rat hole.  ;D
Well, I guess being a "newbie" here doesn't equate to being a novice in the world of Airguns! That's a nice collection but with definite room for expansion and yes there's a very real chance for a deep dive into the PCP rat hole. Of the ones that you listed, the Daisy 717, is now in my collection.
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Daisy 105 B
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Daisy 717 target pistol

Gramps

Quote from: Flex on December 01, 2023, 03:27:45 PM
Well, I guess being a "newbie" here doesn't equate to being a novice in the world of Airguns! That's a nice collection but with definite room for expansion and yes there's a very real chance for a deep dive into the PCP rat hole. Of the ones that you listed, the Daisy 717, is now in my collection.

No I'm still a novice in the airgun world.  This all started July 20, 2023 when I bought the Gamo P430, 3 day later I bought the Swap Whisper, I normally jump into hobbies with both feet.  :)

Rezarf

With the 1701p, welcome to the rat hole. Been in it a while. Trouble is, you can shoot the Daisy 717 all day; with the PCP, I gotta go up for air! Enjoy!  :-*