Vigilante

Started by Gramps, September 15, 2023, 06:49:57 PM

Gramps

I have 3 .177 cal magazines for my Vigilante all them exhibit the same issue. When loading with 10 rounds and shooting it skips pellets randomly sometimes they are next to one another and other times it just random miss one shoot couple miss one. Normally if you rotate the missed pellet back it will shoot the 2nd time sometimes not. If it was happening only on one mag I would say that was the issue but it all of them. It also doesn't seem to matter what pellets I use they all seem to do it. Is this a common issue with the Vigilante?

CraigH

I do not have a Vigilante, but from your well described issue, seems like a problem with a "pawl" or "hand" not holding the magazine properly while it is advanced.     ???
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Gramps

Quote from: CraigH on September 15, 2023, 09:22:07 PM
I do not have a Vigilante, but from your well described issue, seems like a problem with a "pawl" or "hand" not holding the magazine properly while it is advanced.     ???

I think the cylinder is actually revolving. Yesterday I shoot 30 rounds through it and everyone of them fired, using 3 different pellets. I have come to the conclusion that it might have been the pellets, can't try out my theory without buying more of the Premier Pointer which were the ones I had issues with.

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

KevinP

If the pellets are to long, or are not flush with the loader, they will rub and slow down(drag)the loader causing misalignment and misfires.
Kevin
Albany, New York

Rezarf

I had the older 357 that was pretty much the same as the vigilante. As I recall, it did skip "cylinders" from time to time. I was unsuccessful in making any repairs on it, and it eventually ended in the dustbin.   I have recently inherited a new vigilante, but have not shot it. I'll give you a report in the next week or so. Overall: I was unimpressed with the 357. Too inaccurate. Just my 2 cents.

Gramps

Quote from: Rezarf on October 01, 2023, 02:20:18 AM
I had the older 357 that was pretty much the same as the vigilante. As I recall, it did skip "cylinders" from time to time. I was unsuccessful in making any repairs on it, and it eventually ended in the dustbin.   I have recently inherited a new vigilante, but have not shot it. I'll give you a report in the next week or so. Overall: I was unimpressed with the 357. Too inaccurate. Just my 2 cents.

Yea the 357 and Vigilante look pretty much the same. My old eyes don't like open sights so I but a reflex sight on mine and it is shooting pretty decent groups at least for me anyway. Of the pellets I have mine like Crosman Premier Hollow Points the best but shots the others ok. Hope yours shots as well.

Rezarf

Got a new right knee 14 Sep; still too hard to jump the wall in the back yard to hang a target in the pit to determine accuracy. Right now I'm limited to reaction targets - takes more lead to find the zero on a new gun. I'll get back to you when I hit the metal!  ;)