Crosman 1701 Trigger Questions

Started by flairgunner77, September 15, 2023, 10:31:44 PM

flairgunner77

I recently discovered (don't ask) a complete 1701 grip frame in my parts bin and want to install it on my 2300S that's been in my closet for years, unused.  Before I go further, I have some questions for the experts on this forum.

1. Should I polish and lubricate any trigger or sear pieces before I close things up and mount the grips?

2. There is a hammer in my parts bin that I think came with the grip frame. Does the new grip frame and trigger require
the new hammer and will it play with the 2300S power adjuster?

P.S.  I'll move the 2300S grip frame to a 2300T that's in the closet keeping the 2300S company.  Somewhere in all of this,  there may be almost enough parts for another pistol.

Any suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks

Dave Be

CraigH

1.  I would use as delivered first - the workings can be accessed after assembly.

2.  The 2220-103 grip assembly should be used with a non-wasp-waisted hammer.    The M-Rod, 1701, and 1720 use a hammer with separate striker.    See this link for parts if you do not have the correct hammer type (parts in image 20, 21, 22).   Also not this hammer is slabbed to reduce air resistance.

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/201592430/BP2220-EVP___PL.pdf
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

flairgunner77

Craig - many thanks for the reply.  I'll leave the grip as delivered and am thankful I found a blog that shows me how to hook up the trigger spring. I had opened the grip up and, when I removed the plate, the pieces went flying.  Luckily I had the grip covered so no pieces were lost and the blog shows me exactly how to position the trigger spring. I'm a loser with internal springs.

The hammer I have looks exactly like the one in the diagram you sent and the sides are slabbed.   The bad news is that I have misplaced the acetal pin that fits in the front of the hammer so will have to contact Crosman for the part. I assume the acetal pin is there to keep the hammer from rolling about so I'll order one Monday as I need other parts also.

Thanks again for the info.  It allows me to press forward much smarter than I was.  Dave B.

CraigH

The acetal pin is used to maintain adjustment of the striker.

Some have used a piece of lawn string trimmer of the correct diameter if such is in hand.

Look through Crosman EVP's and consider any future parts needs, if possible, to make a part order efficient with respect to shipping expense.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility