Crosman 2300T Trigger Question

Started by flairgunner77, September 21, 2023, 06:14:34 PM

flairgunner77

With the help of  CraigH (thank you) I have solved my 2300S trigger questions. Now I'd like to improve the trigger on my 2300T.  It has a "standard" Crosman setup but the adjustable sear spring mod was installed at the custom shop some years ago.  It appears I have three choices.

1. Buy the 1701p trigger group from Crosman if they have it in stock.  If not...

2. Buy the Alliance Hobby improved trigger grip and hammer for a hidden screw breech.  The most expensive option.

3. Buy the $30 adjustable sear from Airguns of Arizona (AOA) and install.

My question is whether any forum members have any experience with the AOA sear.  It looks like the cheapest option but if does not improve the trigger, it might not be worth it.

Comments or recommendations anyone?

Thanks - Dave B

Rezarf

I did a TKO 1911 trigger and found it to be a very economical mod - and dropped the trigger pull weight substantially, improving the trigger all around. I've been very pleased with it.

Gramps

I think the 2300T has the same trigger mechanism as several other Crosman's like the 2240 & 1322/77 for my 1322 I bought a shorter softer spring at the local Farm & Home and printer a 3D block the rub on the sear. Don't have a gauge but my trigger pull now is comparable to my Diana Chaser which has a fairly light trigger.

flairgunner77

Thanks to both Rezarf and Gramps. First of all, Rezarf, believe it or not, I have 2 TKO triggers that I had forgotten about. The triggers were given to me some time ago after I expressed an interest in them to TKO. That looks like a promising solution. I actually have 2.  And for Gramps, some time ago, I bought an adjustable sear spring adjuster and never installed it. As luck would have it, Crosman is now putting these in the custom shop 2300T so I'll follow your suggestion and go to Ace to buy a softer spring.  Between the TKO trigger and a softer sear spring I'll hopefully have an inexpensive solution to that gritty trigger and since I have the parts, I'll put that solution in my 2250 Ratcatcher. Thanks again!!

Dave B

Rezarf

let us know how it comes out. If you're like me, talk to us next year!  ;D