Preferred muzzle brake for a 2300S

Started by Drdan, December 11, 2023, 04:44:12 AM

Drdan

Here in Germany airgun suppressors are legal, and there are many options for Crosmans from U.S. and European suppliers.  I wold prefer to purchase one that is serviceable and has a metal tube that members here have found to be the most effective in sound moderation.  I see the brand DonnyFL showing up frequently, and the Sumo and Tanto models being perhaps the most mentioned.  Any advice on what would be the ultimate moderator for a 2300 series pistol as far as brand and model?  Thanks for your input!   :)

Brutuz

The HW airgun muzzle brake in my collection is most silent, https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/product_info.php/products_id/41051 , but I rather opt for a small and light one, I have a small custom built one and recently the small SWS airgun muzzle brake https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/product_info.php/products_id/25218 which isn't most silent but does the job

If you need an adapter https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/product_info.php/products_id/34051
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Drdan

Thanks for your input Brutuz! 

I am favoring silence over weight, so I do not might something a bit heavier.  YouTube might have a few comparison tests, so I will check there too.  I do want a serviceable moderator, as I would like to test out a few hypotheses like replacing some of the packing with Sorbothane.

CraigH

I do not like the grub screw attached adapters.

I would thread the barrel 3/8"x24 tpi, and make an appropriate adapter.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Drdan

HI CraigH!  Yes that would be the best way to do it.  I am going to source a LW barrel for a 2300S and the supprrssor would be more effective without an adapter.  I plan to mount a Leupold FX-2 4x28 on the pistol, and  will go this route...

crossliner

I don't own a Crosman that has a threaded barrel, so all of mine either have adapters or shrouds.

I'm fond of Matt Winser all-delrin "pickles".

Fabulous machining and finish.

crossliner

My Weirauch with caps my machinist friend made for me.

Also, I don't own Crosmans with threaded barrels, so they're either with adapters or are shrouded.

Drdan

Thanks for the images Crossliner.  Your guns are stunning with the polished brass.  How about posting a image of the gun on the last photo you posted, the one on the left?   :)

crossliner

Thanks.

I left these 2 in Asia, my homeland.

Drdan

WOW!  Super nice looking guns, and I bet that they shoot as nice as they look.  Thanks for posting!   :)

flairgunner77

To add to the mix, Terry at Buck-rail.com has designed a metal adapter for Crosman barrels so his 1/2-20 polycarbonate muzzle brake can be screwed on.   I just ordered one for my 2300S that's getting a new 2 stage grip frame and new grips for Christmas. Might not suit your needs but might be worth a look. Cheers

CraigH

Quote from: crossliner on December 13, 2023, 06:35:18 PM
Thanks.

I left these 2 in Asia, my homeland.

Nice air stripper on the lower pistol!
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

crossliner

Quote from: CraigH on December 16, 2023, 12:16:06 AM
Nice air stripper on the lower pistol!

It's a Hatsan AS I had redone, Craig sir.

Had the housing powdercoated 'cuz the anodizing was subpar.

Also had extra cones made in brass and stainless.

Drdan

Good morning, afternoon, or evening.  Maybe I should take this to another placein the forum, but woud you please let me know about the DELRIN suppressors?  How would they compare to say a DonnyFL creation?  As it pertains to suppressing airguns, silence is golden!

crossliner

Matt Wonder is in the UK, and I doubt if he caters to non- UK customers 'cuz he did refuse me when I ordered some when I relocated to the US.

A friend bought the 4 for me and sent it to Asia.

I could send you his email addy if you want it.