Preferred muzzle brake for a 2300S

Started by Drdan, December 11, 2023, 04:44:12 AM

crossliner

Sorbothane might work if it is a thin enough version.

I think the Sumo is too large (and heavy) an LDC for your pistol.

You might want to look at Hugget.

The Weihrauch Mod Brutuz mentioned is actually very effective and light, albeit "longish".

I happen to own 2 of them, but they're both in Asia (Philippines) along with my other AG stuff:

My quietest is the UK Neil (also in the Asia), but it is heavy with its brass inserts; also rated for rimfire:

A metal plater polished it for me  :-\

crossliner

The Weihrauch has a very matte (ugly for me) tube though, so I polished it with Autosol to bring out a satin sheen:

crossliner

My AUO (Airguns Use Only) LDC has a very matte tube too, but I did not polish it, just sleeved it:

Fantastic machining and finish on the AUO, and the 1/2x20 UNF threads is much smoother than my twin Tanto's.

They were a bargain at $60 shipped, but they are no more.

They were sold by a GTA member who resides in Vegas.

Drdan

Wow; thanks for the functional eye candy.   8)

crossliner

Quote from: crossliner on December 16, 2023, 09:11:38 PM

I have sorbothane pads from GodAGrip.

They're mostly cheek pads to increase cheek weld.

I doubt if sorbothane will work as felt replacement 'cuz it's not porous enough, but I could be wrong though.

There was an Airgun Nation guy who mentioned something about neoprene being the best.

The GodAGrip sorbothane cheek pad I was talking about:

Drdan

Quote from: crossliner on December 17, 2023, 04:48:48 PM
Sorbothane might work if it is a thin enough version.

I purchased some 1.5 mm. thick sheets of sorbothane on e-Bay, and will do some experimentaton to see if it makes DonnyFL's suppressors quieter...  I can make a snug fitting tube of Sorbothane around the muzzle brake's baffles, and close the seam with a quality adhesive like Parex's Extreme repair.  I can cut a 15.0 cm. long, 1.0 cm. wide strip of the sorbothane and split the strip into a  15.0 cm. long 1.0 cm. wide 0.75 mm. thick length of Sorbothan to cover the seam, affixed again with Patex glue.

I don't have a leather splitter, but a Goulian dermatome would be much sharper, and being that Sorbothane is visco-elastic, I am sure I can get a more precise split.  I can mount the strip on a piece of glass and find a way to keep the knife flat and cut evenly through the Sorbothane.  I'll post the results once the pistol is delivered.

Teun Meen said I am on a waiting list, so I might not have the pistol in hand for 10 weeks.   :-X

A metal plater polished it for me  :-\