Looking for a 1 MOA green dot

Started by Drdan, December 20, 2023, 06:34:19 AM

Drdan

I'm getting a fixed optical scope for a 2300S, but I also want a green dot, preferably a reflex.  A green/red dot with all the bells and whistles (E.G., shake and awake, but no solar panels) would be even better, and it must be a 1 MOA.  :)  I'll be mounting a DonnyFL Sumo muzzle brake on the pistol, so mounting advice would also be appreciated.  Viridian, Holosun, Trijicon, Sig Sauer, and EOTech are all considerations.  I can't find Viridians for sale in Europe, but  I can have anything sent to me from family members in the U.S.  My budget is flexible...

Thanks.   :-*

crossliner

The only open-type 1 MOA red dot that I know of is from Trijicon.

There are tube types, but they're kinda big and would look incongruous attached to your pistol.

There's a 1" tube one from Ultradot (Made in Japan), but it has a 2 MOA.

I have the Ultradot Pan AV, but I couldn't seem to recall whether I sold it or not when I left the PI.

Never got to use it, but it had about 4 reticle options w/in your disposal.

Also have an Aimpoint T1 1 MOA.

Drdan

I agree.  1 MOA is what I am looking for and green, not red or red/green.  :)  It's probably that it exists...

Drdan

Here's one...  I prefer to purchase an American or European green dot and will look for Swarovski, Steiner, Schmidt Bender, Leica, etc. offerings.

Found this one below although it is a holographic, not a reflex sight.  There may be more.  The search is part of the fun...

Drdan

They have them in Europe too.  I've had many Customs surprises, as their duties oftentimes are arbitrary.  It was much better importing items when I lived in Italy.

Drdan

Thank you A.I.   :-*

According to www.iAsk.ai Ask Ai Search Engine:

The Answer:

The Trijicon RMR Type 2 is a popular green reflex sight that is often used on pistols and offers a 1 MOA (Minute of Angle) dot. The Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex) is known for its durability, reliability, and compact size, making it suitable for handguns. It provides quick target acquisition and allows for accurate shooting at various distances.

The 1 MOA dot size means that the dot covers approximately 1 inch of the target at 100 yards. This level of precision enables shooters to make precise shots and helps with target identification and engagement. The green color of the dot can be beneficial for some individuals as it can be easier to see in certain lighting conditions compared to other colors.

The Trijicon RMR Type 2 features a rugged construction with an aluminum housing that withstands recoil and impact. It is also waterproof and fog-resistant, ensuring its performance even in challenging environmental conditions. The sight has multiple brightness settings, including an automatic mode that adjusts based on ambient light conditions.

Mounting options for the Trijicon RMR Type 2 include various adapter plates compatible with popular pistol models, allowing for easy installation on different handguns. Additionally, the sight is powered by a CR2032 battery, which provides long-lasting operation.

Overall, the Trijicon RMR Type 2 with a 1 MOA green dot offers shooters an excellent option for enhancing their pistol's accuracy and target acquisition capabilities.

Top 3 Authoritative Reference Publications or Domain Names:

Trijicon: Trijicon's official website provides detailed information about their products, including the RMR Type 2 reflex sights. It offers specifications, features, and mounting options for various firearm platforms.

OpticsPlanet: OpticsPlanet is a reputable online retailer specializing in optics and outdoor gear. Their website includes a wide range of products, including the Trijicon RMR Type 2, with customer reviews, ratings, and detailed descriptions.

Brownells: Brownells is another well-known online retailer that offers firearms accessories and parts. They provide a comprehensive selection of reflex sights, including the Trijicon RMR Type 2, along with product details and customer feedback.

These sources were used to gather accurate and up-to-date information about the Trijicon RMR Type 2 reflex sight with a 1 MOA green dot for pistols.

It seems to me that the green reflexes will eventually be more popular that the red reflexes, or they will offer both.  The "Goldilocks visual perception wavelength" is about 555 nm., which is green.  The green reflex would be less stressful for daytime use, and the red light would be best for night vision as it reduces eye strain more than green light.  I won't be shooting paper at night, so if I had to choose one it would be a green reflex. 

crossliner

A green laser is actually more visible in daytime vs its red counterpart.

Kind of played on figuring how to mount my Viridian C5L torch with green laser to my 22xx a long time ago.

Have a photo of it here somewhere.

I'll repost it later if I find it.

crossliner

Have never peered through a green dot sight  :-\

Drdan

Don't trust A.I. answers to be correct or authoratative.  ;D  I tried to find this elusive Trijicon GREEN RMR type 2 with a 1 MOA and ther's no such thing... 

The EOTECH even though it's a holograph sight is rated highly and is a quality product.   :-*

Drdan

The Trijicon RMR 1.0 MOA with a red dot was my 1st choice if I could not find a reflex 1.0 green dot, and I cannot.    Although I would prefer the green dot, the red dot will be an excellent choice, and would be more congruent to the pistol's overall design than the EOTech's holographic green dot.

Drdan

I would be willing to have the airgun's breech milled to accept a mounted plate if that's the only viable solution allowing for a low profile of the red dot; making sure that the muzzle brake doesn't interfere with its function... 

Drdan

Thanks crossliner.  The RMR will look good on the pistol with a low profile posture.  :-*