UTG Micro Dot Warrantee Question

Started by flairgunner77, January 08, 2024, 11:47:43 PM

flairgunner77

Some time ago - maybe 4-5 years ago - I bought a UTG Reflex Micro Dot red dot based on an article in the Pyramyd Air BB Pelletier blog where he suggested mounting that sight on a Crosman 1701P made a great combo.  I had just bought that pistol but never shot it as I couldn't bring myself to buying a compressor and, at almost 79 I don't do pumps.  The sight was in the box for a long time but I never could seem to get it to work. Installed new battery but it never gave me a red dot. I now want to use it on my modified 2300S. Just before Christmas, I logged into the UTG web site and filled out a form to repair but haven't heard a thing from them since.

Does anyone know if UTG still has a lifetime warrantee and, if so, how does one get the scope fixed.  I hate to have to trash the scope as it wasn't a $16 Crosman red dot.  All suggestions considered.

Thanx all - Happy New Year!

flairgunner77

Update to my last post. On 6 Feb I got a phone call from Jesse at Leapers apologizing for not answering my warranty request in a more timely manner. After providing serial number, etc. I was given detailed instructions on how to return the red dot to Leapers for either repair or replacement. Earlier this week, i got a box from them with a hat, badge, and a new UTG Micro Dot red dot scope. I had written the scope off as a bad investment and was pleased to get a nice red dot to mount on my 2300S.  It kind of restored my faith in American manufacturing and I wanted to share my experience with a company that stands behind its products with forum readers. Dave B

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility