Skanaker 88 Revival

Started by ruhlsksn88, January 25, 2024, 03:28:00 PM

ruhlsksn88

I found this site recently looking to revive my Skanaker.
I had seal service done 20 years ago by Michael Archer, Lino
Lakes MN, and happily shot the pistol for several years, then
put it away until now.
In testing the breech seal is like gum, but internal seals and
cylinder seals appear the be holding.
I have been trying with no luck to find replacement breech seals,
all leads run into dead ends, so I'm turning to the shooting
community to see if there are people who have information on
keeping our old guns working.
Any help on service/parts would be much appreciated.

flairgunner77

You might try calling Mike at Gardener's challenger Service Center. They are on the web. They serviced my challenger 2009 and an older Tau 200 for a great price and were a joy to work with. Mike is a retired USMC MGYSGT. He and his son are GREAT people to work with - recommend them highly.  Also, there are three Skanakers for sale on eBay. I bid on one but it was not high enough. Perhaps one of the owners knows some secrets. If you go to the Crosman web site and navigate to owners manuals and parts diagrams, there is both a Skanaker manual and parts diagram.
Hope this helps! Dave B

marflow

these come up from time to time and in the past they were bought up and disappeared but
in the last two months there was one on Gun Broker and the starting price was 159 bucks nice shape but as we know it would more then like need rebuilding
it was for sale for 6 weeks and they lowered the price to 150 and it was gone
my thought was no one really want to deal with these any more
JG airguns has a few parts but that is about all your going to find without doing some phone work

flairgunner77

A Skanaker is one of those guns that I always wanted but never could find for the right price. The three on eBay are way way too high, I bid on the one for parts and  I always get a kick out of sellers that say "needs seals, but those are easy fixes". If it was so easy, he'd have done it and sold it as working.  I'd have paid $150-160 but no more. I learned my lesson on a Daisy 777 that was NIB. Got it and found it too heavy - I preferred the 747. Oh well, back to Crosman pistols - easy to work on and parts galore.