Frankenstein Crosman

Started by flairgunner77, March 05, 2024, 03:44:22 PM

flairgunner77

Back in 2022 I had a thread on this forum about my Crosmods grip and a planned 177 barrel conversion from a 22 barrel. Had some help from members and I finally got it done. I'd attach pics but I need to make them smaller and I don't know how to do it. Now I'm thinking about changing out that Crosman 177 barrel for a LW barrel, either from Crosman or Alliance Hobby. I want to set the beast up as a 10m target pistol, but can't decide on barrel length so I'll ask this forum for inputs on what length should provide a real tack driver - either leave it at 10" or move up to 14-14.5"? All comments are welcome. Thanks Dave B

Drdan

Looking forward to seeing your pistol.  Go to this website where you can reduce the size of your image for free online:

Photo Compressor

As an alternative go to PAINT and click on the part I am showing with a red box.  My home computer is set for everything in Italian, but Paint is basically identical to the English and German version... 

Hope this helps!

Drdan

You will see this popup that I am encircling in red.  Go to either
Orizzontalmente (HORIZONTALLY) or Verticalmete (VERTICALLY) and change the number to 800.  That will yield a size that you can post here.  You can also select Percentuale (PERCENTAGE) and choose a percentage of your file sile that will keep you with a 500 kb size.  If your photo is 1000 kb, select 40% and you'll get a 400 kb photo.

DHunter

I use gimp software, which is free.  It's an alternative to photoshop, and actually had certain features before photoshop did.  Gimp lets me do the few things I need to do, very quickly, including resize, sharpen, crop, improve contrast, etc., plus a bazillion things that are beyond me.  For posting online, I never have an image more than 800 pixels across.  There's just no need for more.

QuoteIf your photo is 1000 kb, select 40% and you'll get a 400 kb photo.
No, it goes by the square of the proportion, so 1000KB, times 40% squared, is 160KB.

flairgunner77

I got a price for a 10" LW barrel from Alliance Hobby but at $85 for a 10", I need to think about whether that pistol is worth it as I already have a 2300S and 2300T, both with LW barrels. I'll call Crosman today to see if they sell 10" LW barrels. If not I may try a 14" barrel if that will improve accuracy. Thanks for the resize info and I'd love to paste in a picture but the iPad IOS is different than either my Windows laptop or my MacMini computer so I'll have to use one of them this afternoon. The iPad is more convenient, recliner ops, but lacks some capabilities.  More later today.

marflow

i think you would be better off going with a 1701p grip frame on the 2300s upper

and the nonsense on this forum to post pictures is just that nonsense no other forum that i use has this sort of picture sizing problems

i will not resize pictures and that means everyone has to resize picture when the site itself can fix the problem

DHunter

Quote from: marflow on March 07, 2024, 02:28:15 AMand the nonsense on this forum to post pictures is just that nonsense no other forum that i use has this sort of picture sizing problems

i will not resize pictures and that means everyone has to resize picture when the site itself can fix the problem
On many forums, pictures that are not resized require panning side to side and up and down to see the whole thing, when there's no need for that much resolution, because of posters who think their time is more important than anyone else's.

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

flairgunner77

Thanks to all. Let me try this.  Made it this far with shrink pictures. BTW, both my 2300's have the grip frame upgrade.  I'm good at screwdriver based tasks, not so good at software things. Oh, and I just bought a new Crosman Challenger 2021. Just need to figure out the best small inexpensive compressor to purchase. Dave B

crossliner

Quote from: flairgunner77 on March 06, 2024, 01:52:24 PMI got a price for a 10" LW barrel from Alliance Hobby but at $85 for a 10", I need to think about whether that pistol is worth it as I already have a 2300S and 2300T, both with LW barrels. I'll call Crosman today to see if they sell 10" LW barrels. If not I may try a 14" barrel if that will improve accuracy. Thanks for the resize info and I'd love to paste in a picture but the iPad IOS is different than either my Windows laptop or my MacMini computer so I'll have to use one of them this afternoon. The iPad is more convenient, recliner ops, but lacks some capabilities.  More later today.

I got my second 10" LW barrel for $63.60 shipped. 2300 002 is the part number.

You're right, the two .177 14.6" ones I have are more accurate.