model 1600 c02 screen

Started by vintage, March 31, 2024, 01:53:03 AM

vintage

Hello all. New guy here. I'm 77 from Fla and like the older ones. I'm in the process of reseal of a 1600. Just waiting for the kit. My question is some say you do not need the screen behind the piercer. That the screen should be cut out but keep the outer ring to keep the spacing the same. Any thoughts appreciated.

marflow

just about every CO2 gun has a screen in it and i see no reason why you would delete it
does it do much for the careful shooter maybe not but Crosman could not be sure everyone would be
no harm leave it in

CraigH

The old Crosman's had screens, but none of the new guns (22xx guns) have them.

If the screen is in good condition, I would clean it up and use it.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

vintage

In it stays. Thanks for the advice. :-*  By the way I'm not advanced as many on here but I've had bb/pellet guns around over my lifetime along with my other firearms. Sights like this are really helpful avoiding or getting out of trouble. LOL.

marflow

had to look and the SSP250 that was produced till 1995 had a screen in it and we are just talking pistols
so the question was a good one but lets look at in a different way i believe they should be put back as they were if you can and this would be any gun and the key is IF YOU CAN
well many of have guns that we shoot but have never been into and even know more then most we all would need advise or opinion from time to time
and air guns vs power burns hell the PB's are easy to work on
Set a PB aside for 100 years protected and clean up and shoot, do that with an airgun and it will not work

good luck on your rebuild and take care
mike