Blue Fork Design....

Started by Gipper49, February 03, 2011, 02:39:49 AM

Gipper49

...is he still making parts? I would love to get one of his grip frames.

Thanks - Brian
"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans"

steveo1989

That, my friend, is the Thousand Dollar Question.
Avid rimfire and extreme long range shooter.  Newly re-introduced to airguns, and find it quite interesting to get trigger time in my basement every day.

justforfun

I've tried to emailed him a few times over the last few months with no responses. Maybe he should take his website down or at least reply to emails.

No response from a business owner, means no orders in the future.  :(

Roy

Just a retired guy from Northern Indiana, that likes to make things.

ChokingVictim

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has had some personal issues to deal with. But I know some people have actually paid and not received goods or word of his where abouts.
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

arkmaker †

He has been out of touch for a few months now. My opinion is that the best we can hope for is a short run of parts maybe once a year (or never). Same with AC Customs. I think sometimes people that are able to machine turn thier hobby into a business without thinking about what will happen in 6 months to a year down the road. I have been having the same thoughts of making parts for sale, but seeing what has happened with RJ and AC I am having second thoughts. Think I will stick with Mellon, DC, GMAC and CB for now. They are pretty much established and seemingly solid. Any parts I make will be one and two offs as I have been doing.
Just my take on it,  :(
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

airguns100

Quote from: arkmaker on February 03, 2011, 01:23:55 PM
once a year (or never). Same with AC Customs.

AC Customs is still in business Rich. He's just taking limited orders because he doesn't have extra help, like before.
I can't say the same about blueforkdesign because Greg doesn't even communicate with anyone.
The OG gangster of the "bling"

arkmaker †

Yeh, I meant no direspect to either of those guys. I've seen thier work and it is top notch stuff. Limited Stock is the key!

What I was long winded in saying was that it is easy to want to make parts for everyone and just maybe make a few bucks in the process, but if your trying to hold down a regular job, married, with kids, etc....then time for a part time business gets hard to do. We should look at any work that comes from individuals as a blessing and not absolutely count on those parts as always being available. Heck, I've been wanting an RJ breech since I got into this about a year ago. When I could have gotten one, I didn't have the bucks, then I did, now I don;t....just goes like that I guess. And the BF Trigger group??? Man that is sweet, but if you can;t get it, what's the point of offering it in the first place?

I kept asking Charles Mellon to make breeches (in posts) but he may be smarted than me and knows what his limits are as knowing what he can produce and offer on a consistant basis. I for one, may have bitten off more than I can chew and I am waiting on some feedback to see if it would be viable to make a riser breech. In my case, I am asking a working machine shop to do the work. If he ccan;t make a profit, all bets are off and from the short talk I had with the owner, it may well end up costing more than oanyone will want to spend. Let's face it, the Crosman steel breech is one hell of a deal and works fine. Add to that a under breech riser for 15 bucks and it is still less money than anyone elses.
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

turbonoma

Greg is a no show. Doesn't send parts nor return money. Mr007s and myself placed orders back in December and got skunked. >:(

eric

if you did paypal talk with them(still fraud) ,money orders or anything else is mail fraud, a federal crime
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

airguns100

Quote from: turbonoma on February 03, 2011, 08:00:22 PM
Greg is a no show. Don't send parts nor return money. Mr007s and myself placed orders back in December and got skunked. >:(

I waited ten full weeks to get a pair of barrel bands from greg. Greg also gave me a phone number to call, but never once answered it.
I think it's fair to say Greg is to busy for the air gun hobby. He's probably working on paintball gun parts instead is my guess. But to not even answer a email or a phone call within that time is just unprofessional. imo

My suggestion is to wait the full ten weeks, then resort to other means as eric has suggested.

The OG gangster of the "bling"

mr007s

In all fairness, I received an email from Greg a few days ago, albeit very brief. It said in a notshell,"I am shipping Wednesday"!

Now remember, he didn't say which Wednesday or if he wasw actually sending something to me. but my fingers are crossed that it was yesterday's Wednesday and my parts are headed to NC. Time will tell.

For the Paypal thing, be aware that if you pay as a gift, they can not help you so dont even ask. I see bunches of for sale items on the Yellow that specify a 3% fee or make a gift. I will always choose the 3% as insurance that I will not be scamed.

mr007s

I should give credit where credit is due.

Greg, of Blue Fork shipped the frame and I received it today. turbonoma and I have been waiting for what seems like forever and a day. A lot of discussion has been going on about his lacking communication with customers on this site and also on the Yellow forum. Maybe he read some of the negative comments and decided to get his act together, time will tell.

I am still waiting on a 45$ item and e-mailed him this afternoon asking if I would ever receive it or should I write it off as a lesson learned. Not very much time passed and I received a reply. really, I did. This is an excert from the reply: "just been getting really burnt lately. I appologise for the inconvience."

I feel a little better now but would be cautious about traveling this road again. Hopefully turbonoma will have his before long and we all can breath a sigh of relief.

arkmaker †

Glad to hear you finally got it. Sometimes life happens to people and if it was a family issue, then all else will get put on the back burner (at least I'm like that with family)

So install that frame and lets see some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-*

mudduck48

And Greg, AKA bluefork, has not been on here since March 28, 2014. Here is another one that has disappeared. ??? ???
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BillK

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II