American Classic vs Pumpmaster Classic Question/Logic

Started by arkmaker †, February 08, 2011, 01:11:58 PM

arkmaker †

So am I reading this right? The American Classic will be replaced by the Pumpmaster Classic? Now the tube will not say "American" on it any longer? I like the black look, but wish they had left the name alone. This really was "the" true American Classic pistola.

Shame really in MHO  :(

Thoughts?

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

ChokingVictim

"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

Crosshairs

How true but its still a great gun im gonna get one just for the hell of it.
               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

ChokingVictim

Quote from: Mike on February 08, 2011, 02:03:03 PM
How true but its still a great gun im gonna get one just for the hell of it.
               Mike

yes. for sure. i have a pc77 and it is just as good as my 1377. in fact it has a better build.

Jimmy_2k9

I just got a pc77 this week, mine isn't black, boo!

quickster47 †

The new black one will have the designation PC77b, that little 'b' is for black.  ANd I'm not real sure that they have hit the store shelves just yet.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

JMJinNC

Quote from: ChokingVictim on February 08, 2011, 02:06:01 PM
yes. for sure. i have a pc77 and it is just as good as my 1377. in fact it has a better build.

I picked up a refurbished "1377" a few months ago from AirGunsDaily. Reading the forums here about the PC77 versus the 1377, got me thinking, and when I came across a comparison of the trigger spring, I just had to go get it and look. Yup, I was send a PC77/Pumpmaster Classic. I didn't even notice or read the stampings on the side of the pistol.

No matter, got it at a great price and it shoots fine. Anyone have issues regarding upgrading - 1377 vs. PC77?

JMJ

John

bdb12586

Do they still make them in America? I believe they make their guns in china now, at least a good portion of them.

quickster47 †

Could be wrong but I thought I read on the Crosman site or their BLOG that some of the parts are made in China, purely an economics thing, but the guns are assembled Stateside.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bdb12586

I know the quest and titan guns are made in china. and thought I heard the pc77 was to.

ChokingVictim

packaging says made in USA with some foreign parts.

NorthStaR

LOL, does that mean the box was made in the US and the parts (meaning gun) are foreign but screwed together in the US?  :P
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

ChokingVictim

Quote from: NorthStaR on March 18, 2011, 05:20:55 PM
LOL, does that mean the box was made in the US and the parts (meaning gun) are foreign but screwed together in the US?  :P

Sadly these days a company could probably get away with that. We live in sad times.

Tommie D

The PC77 and the 1377 are the same pistol just different markings, right? Crosman's website shows this quote at the bottom of the 1377 ad. "In some retail outlets this product is known as the PC77 "Pumpmaster Classic"

I looked at the brown version of the PC77 at a local walmart and the front of the package states "Maximun velocity 625 fps" but the back says "up to 600 fps". I like the looks of the black one so I might have to get one as a sister to my older 1377 from 1987, smells like a MOD project to me. Does anyone know when they will be out in the retail market/stores?

Tom

Have a Great One!
Just a Ten Pump Chump

Crosshairs

I dont know if its a smart move or stupid move but i just ordered two 1377 american classics from PA to put away.Not likeing the idea of takeing american off the gun.thats what this country is turing into is it realy america any more?
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!