Sd custom

Started by mammocked, February 20, 2011, 02:36:17 AM

mammocked

Can anyone give me some feed back.
I ordered some grips and pump for 1377
in December and still nothing arrived.

quickster47 †

Was the company SD Custom?  Personally, I've never heard of them but then there's lots I've not heard of in my life.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mr007s

I have checked out their site but have not ordered from them. They are across the pond.

http://www.sdcustomdesign.com/index.htm

Ddevil54r

I'm trying to get a barrel band from them but haven't received a return email on the payment instructions or shipping cost or anything yet :\ let me know if you get your order so I know how long to expect. That already seems like a long time though.

So anyone know anyone else selling aluminum, brass, steel, anything but plastic barrel bands for a 1377?
- Crosman 1377 stock... For now ;)

tatsumi

With respect to SD's work, its always good i'm told and there a nice bunch of people but many of us are finding it difficult to find items in stock. personaly i would use Gmac.
Again this is not anything against SD :-*

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

tayloriand

I've used Steve @SD many times.
Fast delivery with informative and quick email replies.
Gordon @ GMAC is also offers excellent.

Ian
member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

Ddevil54r

Actually I heard back from him a couple days ago, the email was sitting in my junk inbox so it was my fault I didn't get it until I did. But he said he has barrel bands in stock anyway, I probably will have to wait till next pay now to order one though. An other unrelated item I ordered came in costing more than I had expected :(

As far as I can tell though he responded to my initial email quite quickly.
- Crosman 1377 stock... For now ;)

NorthStaR

Seems people have mixed reviews on SD's service. My brother (Brassmonkey member) said it took a couple of days to get a reply from each email (2 in total, the 2nd being with payment) and the items arrived a week later. He was happy. I personally haven't used him (yet).  ???

The SD parts are very nice but the problem seems to be communication and on the web its everything!

It really annoys me that companies can be this way and they expect people to buy on good faith with no assurances.
BUT, things happen - stuff goes missing, holidays, spam hides emails, grievences and so on...

My rant isn't for him specifically. Just for companies with poor comms from the aspect of trying to make a sale.

Recent purchase:
I ordered a front diopter from Solware website. I phoned up a week later to be told it was out of stock.
Well fine but TELL ME THAT AND I WON'T BE ANGRY. I shouldn't have to chase info on my order. My emails were ignored too. I got the sight but they didn't get me as a returning customer. You hear me Solware!?  >:(

Cheers  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

Quote from: NorthStaR on February 22, 2011, 02:27:27 PM
The SD parts are very nice but the problem seems to be communication and on the web its everything!

It really annoys me that companies can be this way and they expect people to buy on good faith with no assurances.
BUT, things happen - stuff goes missing, holidays, spam hides emails, grievances and so on...

My rant isn't for him specifically. Just for companies with poor comms from the aspect of trying to make a sale.

Couldn't agree with you more.  And the thing about parts not being in stock when you order, without the company saying anything, is another great big annoyance.  Just tell me it's back-ordered and I can deal with it.  Don't lie to me or provide bad information.

End of rant and off to the coffee pot for a refill.  I need my caffeine.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Oane

I ordered a few things at sd a few weeks ago, fast mail contact, and fast delivery, not a single problem and he has me as a returning costumer.

NorthStaR

I guess he can please all the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time!  :D

It would be good if we could get him on here as a member (unless he is already, if so speak up, this can only be positive feedback and benefit him long term - the customers always right rule).  ???
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

tayloriand

Most are hobby machinists and suppliers and don't daily spend hours at a p.c. but are busy manufacturing, etc.

I understand priorities, circumstances and am patient and would always give up to a week for a reply. The seller could even go on holiday for 2 weeks and use no out of office system.

Most are Airgun Artisans and operate for no or very little profit and are a credit to our great hobby.

Ian

NorthStaR

tayloriand, your right on all those points.  :)

However the guy who started this thread had been waiting since December for parts - thats a long holiday!  ;)
And he's not the first to be waiting in the dark.

Cheers  :-*
Double-tap!

tayloriand

7 weeks is a long time.

I'll check if I have a business card from SD. I'd suggest phoning him.
Does anyone have a card from him with his telephone number?

Good luck sorting the problem.

Ian

mammocked

Parts that I ordered arrived. They were held up
state side. Very pleased with the quality
of the grips that I got.