drop sear trigger system pics and video

Started by dt45acp, February 28, 2011, 09:13:59 AM

dt45acp

Now available for the phase 2 Crosman pistol grip frame.
This system replaces the trigger,sear, and spring that comes stock in the 2240,2250,2300,2400 and 1377 pistol and carbine Crosman models.

If you have the newer phase 3 pistol and want a drop sear system for it, indicate that when ordering, they use a slightly different lever ( thinner ) .

dt45acp

here it is, the how to install the new system.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfusXLbaIUo#]drop sear trigger system.mpg[/url]

dt45acp

I posted about this a couple weeks ago, but had not done enough testing with it at that point, and did not actually have a trigger pull gauge at the time.
I must apologize to everyone for saying it had a 2 oz trigger......this is only what it felt like.
After getting the gauge I found the initial set up to have an 8 oz pull, but felt it was unsafe with that light of a tune.
I refined it all to get a 1 1/2 pound pull that will survive the most brutal slap to the rear and not have an accidental discharge.

Customers can always change out or modify the sear spring, and of course can adjust the first and second stage pull with the two set screws on their own.
However, it comes from my shop set at 1 1/2 LB.........and believe me, it feels like much less then that.

One of the best features about this is that you can have a real hot gun with a heavy hammer spring, but finally NOT have a heavy trigger pull.

ALL of my custom built guns will include this new trigger system ( pistols and carbines ) , rifles use the Marauder trigger pack.....no reason to re-invent the wheel there.

airguns100

oh man. i just placed a order for a DC brass trigger too. i'm taking three of those trigger groups
The OG gangster of the "bling"

dt45acp

I have a couple of DC stainless roller triggers that I will be selling......they were the best thing going, but are, in my personal and biased opinion, obsolete now.

Cothran might be making my triggers for this new system in the near future......I am making every part in this set right now, and it is way too time consuming....Cothran has high speed CNC machinery.... I just have a prototyping size CNC, no automatic tool changer and stiff like that.

I just have not had time to get some prints down to Don and talk with him about it yet.

airguns100

Crosshairs

Very nice trigger replacement i must have one.under 2 lbs thats mint.
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

my phase 2 grip frame looks different it doesnt have the solid mid/bottom section under the spring holder
will this set up still work?
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Pretty sure what you have will not be a problem.  It is only the newest frames where things get a little bit different.

My trigger set will be here Wednesday some time and I will be posting some more still pictures of the pieces.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

airguns100

Thanks for the video dt45acp. I thought you had trigger groups for sale. so what's the expected wait time? i guess i won't hold my breath?  ;D :P

dt45acp

I have several sets ready to ship. I am also running my mill most of the day. Takes about 2 1/2  hours of machine time to cut the parts for a set, then there is finishing ( filing, sanding,bead blasting,heat treating,etc ) , so there is not a lot of pay per hour on these things and ends up that I can only complete about 4 sets a day with all the other air gun work I have.
My mill is running right now, most operations take at least 10 min, so I can mess on the computer or do other work while it is running a program, then out to change tools or work pieces.

I tried to get local machine shops to run these parts. That was a no go, the least expensive per hour shop wanted $140.00 a set.......Knowing that no one would pay much over the $75 each, I spent a couple weeks writing programing for my little machine. I burned through a lot of material and end mills getting it down just right, but I think it was all worth it to bring such a thing to market.

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

airguns100

Quote from: dt45acp on February 28, 2011, 08:22:57 PM
I have several sets ready to ship. I am also running my mill most of the day. Takes about 2 1/2  hours of machine time to cut the parts for a set, then there is finishing ( filing, sanding,bead blasting,heat treating,etc ) , so there is not a lot of pay per hour on these things and ends up that I can only complete about 4 sets a day with all the other air gun work I have.
My mill is running right now, most operations take at least 10 min, so I can mess on the computer or do other work while it is running a program, then out to change tools or work pieces.

I tried to get local machine shops to run these parts. That was a no go, the least expensive per hour shop wanted $140.00 a set.......Knowing that no one would pay much over the $75 each, I spent a couple weeks writing programing for my little machine. I burned through a lot of material and end mills getting it down just right, but I think it was all worth it to bring such a thing to market.

I understand completely. I'm glad you took the time to make these. i'll take three sets.  8)

airguns100

quickster47 †

Quote from: airguns100 on March 01, 2011, 12:52:28 AM
I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY NEW TRIGGERS!  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) :-* :-* :-* :-X

Did you get you triggers yet?  I got mine today and am in the process of installing it in a spare trigger frame.  Well, maybe not at this exact moment because right now I'm typing a reply to this forum thread. LoL

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †