Cobra Venom Custom Pistol w/ Repeater Breech

Started by ChokingVictim, March 03, 2011, 04:59:49 AM

ChokingVictim

"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

quickster47 †

I think there is another thread about this already.

Carl

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=2966.0

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ChokingVictim

Crosshairs

Wow that thing is sweet did you notice the price error 250.99 list our price 255.99  :D
              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

ChokingVictim

quickster47 †

Did you notice in the video how WRONG the placement of the bolt is on their breech.  The video really shows the trouble David has in cocking the gun.  It is soooooo on the wrong side.  Hopefully they will correct it and make a version with it on the left (correct) side.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

ChokingVictim

Quote from: quickster47 on March 22, 2011, 02:08:32 PM
Did you notice in the video how WRONG the placement of the bolt is on their breech.  The video really shows the trouble David has in cocking the gun.  It is soooooo on the wrong side.  Hopefully they will correct it and make a version with it on the left (correct) side.

Carl

yeah or at least make in ambidextrous.

bdb12586

Quote from: ChokingVictim on March 22, 2011, 02:39:29 PM
yeah or at least make in ambidextrous.
x2 on that, can't get the full funtion of the repeater if you have to switch hands back and forth

woody67

I prefer the left side bolt on a pistol, right side on a rifle. Carbines, I guess left side also..

Crosshairs

I just got off the phone with Dave from Cobra he said he is waiting for the first shipment, the shroud dont have baffles,and he will be selling the breech alone,also i asked about left side bolt he said he is gonna wait and see how well they sell.the best thing his store is about ten miles from my house. Dave said i can come to the store and test fire the Cobra venom.I also asked for a group discount for us,he will get back to me on that one.
                          Mike

ChokingVictim

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 22, 2011, 06:01:31 PM
I just got off the phone with Dave from Cobra he said he is waiting for the first shipment, the shroud dont have baffles,and he will be selling the breech alone,also i asked about left side bolt he said he is gonna wait and see how well they sell.the best thing his store is about ten miles from my house. Dave said i can come to the store and test fire the Cobra venom.I also asked for a group discount for us,he will get back to me on that one.
                          Mike

I assume the barrel needs machining right?

Crosshairs

dont think so he said something about interchangeable barrels.so i guess they just slip in the breech and secured with a set screw. i will know more when i see him.
               Mike

arkmaker †

Mikey, you lucky dog! Go test fire that puppy and report back to us!! Also. nice try on the group discount thing  :-*
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

ChokingVictim

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 22, 2011, 06:48:41 PM
dont think so he said something about interchangeable barrels.so i guess they just slip in the breech and secured with a set screw. i will know more when i see him.
               Mike

Definitely find that out cause i know the standard probe will not go through the mags without damaging the o-ring. Just curious how it is being sealed. :)

-Tom

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 22, 2011, 06:01:31 PM
                          Mike

We seem to have some conflicting information here on the shrouds from Cobra.  This is a quote from another thread:

"I am very close to the guys at cobra. Maybe i can actually answer some questions. The shrouds are baffled (they do contain baffles and are secured with a set screw. We have tried them on discos and such at very high power and they are set solidly so i would not worry. Most of the batch we had went to venom pistols and the disco owners that saw them in their developmental stage. There are several venom pistols out there... just i guess the guys are having too much fun to post a review. The tester at the shop shoots bat high 500s /low 600s with a cp 14.3 gr pellet. and that is giving a decent count on shots (25 or so per powerlet). They are very neighborhood friendly and truly look and feel well assembled. Almost like a dark cousin to crooked barn's Tom Cat. The breech ... well that is a whole different deal. it will go on either 22xx or a discovery, and Martin just finished torture testing the one on the video, before the video was shot. Lets say he shot about 4 hours non stop. change co2, reload clip. unload on target. The breech and the bolt worked flawlessly. i would recommend that if you have any questions or will like to know the statuts of your order, just call them. Saturday is a bad idea, as Martin is generally overrun with customers... but during the week starting at 10 am. you'll find him there in his Mad scientist lab..."

So Dave of Cobra, since yo are around here once in a while perhaps you could give us the truth.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus