Scope Zeroing Questions

Started by bildio, March 05, 2011, 11:13:38 PM

Darth

Quote from: airguns100 on March 06, 2011, 02:41:06 AM
Here's a link to the scope "in my opinion" is best suited for (general short range air gunning) for the price.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Leapers_5th_Gen_3_9x32AO_Bug_Buster_Compact_Rifle_Scope_Illuminated_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube/2713

HTH

-Rye

Now THAT's what I'm talkin about.

I have a similar one on my R9 ... seems OK
The Force Is With You Young Lead Slinger ... But You Are Not A Crosman Yet ...

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/index.php

eric

Quote from: Darth on March 06, 2011, 03:03:07 AM
Now THAT's what I'm talkin about.

I have a similar one on my R9 ... seems OK
sorry a bit off topic what caliber is is your R9 ? what are you using for a mount?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            back on topic  ----- here is a fun page  http://www.arld1.com/
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

airguns100

The OG gangster of the "bling"

Darth

Quote from: eric on March 06, 2011, 03:11:13 AM
sorry a bit off topic what caliber is is your R9 ? what are you using for a mount?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

eric,

I have the B-Square Interlock AA mount, it's about 5 years old and I dont know if it was the same model "name" then or not. But I looked it up on B-Squares' site ... and it's the same thing.

The caliber is .177 ... sweet gun !!!  I had a Gamo Silver Shadow before ... no comparison.

Darth

eric

Quote from: Darth on March 06, 2011, 04:25:44 AM
eric,

I have the B-Square Interlock AA mount, it's about 5 years old and I dont know if it was the same model "name" then or not. But I looked it up on B-Squares' site ... and it's the same thing.

The caliber is .177 ... sweet gun !!!  I had a Gamo Silver Shadow before ... no comparison.

Darth
i have an R9 in .20  :-\  is your mount offset or your rings the relief on that little scope is.... well ,little .does it work well for you ?

bdb12586

here is some good info on scopes and zeroing in

http://viriato.net/airgunning/bfta_setup_manual.pdf

Carl nice tip with the mirror never heard that one, beats counting clicks :-*

bildio

Thanks to everyone for the very helpful information. I learned a light about zeroing a scope.

The mirror tip sounded great until I tried it. I must be missing something basic. I put the scope over a mirror, i.e., the objective lens against a mirror, & I saw nothing because it was dark. I moved the scope back from the mirror, & no cross hairs reflection. I reversed the scope over the mirror & darkness. I tried it with the illuminated cross hairs & still couldn't see a reflection. What am I doing wrong?
Bill

eric

yeah ,carl left out a key piece of info  :o if you have a mirror that is moveable ,place it on a table or something flat .grab a couple quarters or nickles or something similar and place them on the mirror far enough apart so you can place the scope bell on them and the scope won't fall over  ;)  make sure you do this where you have plenty of light so you can see thru the scope looking down on to the mirror.for this to work well you need to look STRAIGHT down thru the eye piece into the scope down on to the mirror and you will probably see 2 reticles ---- one in the scope and the other in the mirror .you then turn the turrets until both reticles that you see become one   ;) .that is one way to optically center your scope  :)

quickster47 †

Thanks eric.  :(  Next time I'll be more specific about the process/procedure and even throw in a few instructions.  My bad...

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

eric

Darth

Quote from: eric on March 06, 2011, 04:29:37 AM
i have an R9 in .20  :-\  is your mount offset or your rings the relief on that little scope is.... well ,little .does it work well for you ?

Well, I don't have that "short" scope ... if that's what you mean. Mine is a Leapers 3-9x32 (don't remember the model) but it's 13" long. It's mounted in the "traditional" location/manner.

Darth

eric

Quote from: Darth on March 06, 2011, 08:48:24 PM
Well, I don't have that "short" scope ... if that's what you mean. Mine is a Leapers 3-9x32 (don't remember the model) but it's 13" long. It's mounted in the "traditional" location/manner.

Darth
i see ,my bad. i missed the "similar"

bildio

Quote from: quickster47 on March 06, 2011, 08:45:13 PM
Thanks eric.  :(  Next time I'll be more specific about the process/procedure and even throw in a few instructions.  My bad...

Carl

I think the instructions were clear for everyone, but me  :) = Thank again, Carl & Eric
Bill

the old guy

The people on this forum never cease to amaze me, I sometimes wonder if you're not peeking in my windows and looking at my targets. Lately I have been toying with the idea of replacing my laser, and red dot, with a scope. Having no experience to fall back on I was trying to figure out what questions to ask. Bingo look what shows up, scary. Thanks to all of you I now have more information than I understand. Takes me a little while to figure stuff out. Probably have to go over the articles from pyramid air before it sinks in. But don't get too comfortable because I'll be back when I know what questions to ask that I didn't get the first time. Thanks guys you really make it easy.

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

NorthStaR

Quote from: eric on March 06, 2011, 08:34:08 PM
if you have a mirror that is moveable ,place it on a table or something flat .grab a couple quarters or nickles or something similar and place them on the mirror far enough apart so you can place the scope bell on them and the scope won't fall over  ;)  make sure you do this where you have plenty of light so you can see thru the scope looking down on to the mirror.for this to work well you need to look STRAIGHT down thru the eye piece into the scope down on to the mirror and you will probably see 2 reticles ---- one in the scope and the other in the mirror .you then turn the turrets until both reticles that you see become one   ;) .that is one way to optically center your scope  :)

I put a scope on my 2250b last night and the first shot completely missed the mark.
Then I remembered this tidbit of useful info to start the scope from fresh.

Thanks Eric, its a great technique to realign your scope if its all out of whack to begin zeroing from.  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....