Difference between custom and 2300S?

Started by scoop, March 06, 2011, 10:23:14 PM

scoop

Hello CAPOF crew,

I have been looking into what the best bang for my buck would be in an airgun suitable for
10 meter shooting. I think the best choice is to get the 2300S, or order a custom (pic below) from Crosman.
Ordering the custom seems like a better choice because I can get target grips.

My question is about the trigger, the 2300S states "Adjustable trigger with over travel adjustment screw". If
I order a custom does this come standard? Or is it only provided with the 2300S configuration?

Id like to have as crisp a trigger as possible out of the box, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

quickster47 †

The adjustable trigger and over-travel screw are standard on the 2300KT from the CCS.  But don't be expecting too much from those features.  Granted they are better than the OEM trigger but not by that much.  The 2300s is only a .177 and in my humble opinion, not that much better.  I feel you would be better off to save a little more and get the Silhouetteâ„¢ PCP 1701P Pistol.  This gun has the new Marauder pistol trigger and is a great gun.  Below is a link for an honest evaluation of the 1701P.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/message/1299343115/Traveling+Crosman+Review-+The+1701P+Silhouette+PCP

Carl

Attached is a picture of the CCS adjustable trigger setup.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

scoop

The jump in price for the Marauder is more than I can handle. I am really shocked that the CCS setup I chose comes in under $240. With the target grips included I don't think I can get a better value. Perhaps I will just have to spend some time tuning the trigger.

arkmaker †

Here is the one I configured last night. No target grips or sight, but the LW barrel is there and with a $115.99 price tag, I'm liking it. My daughter wants to buy me one for fixing her car. Kid really wants to do it, but I don;t want to break her bank!!!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

scoop

The only thing I can think that is missing from the custom setup compared to the 2300S is the power adjuster, am I right?

arkmaker †

Or you could go with this one for $110.15

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

arkmaker †

Yeah, no PA, but also I think that there is something different inside the valve. I think the Shilloette uses a shim to reduce the air volume and hence more shots at a lower, more consistant velocity. I think, don;t hold me to that.

Someone straighten me out here??

eric

they put a small tube in the valve to reduce the volume  ;)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Brushy Bill

I would highly recommend the 2 stage trigger sear
from Airguns of Arizona.
https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/
(Found on the left under Crosman Custom parts.)

I have one in my AS2250XT and it has a very light
but definite first stage stop, and breaks very nicely
with about 12 ozs of additional pressure,
and that is with the factory spring.

For 10 meter one handed target shooting, you
will like it.