2250 based custom shop carbine questions

Started by bradyman1, March 10, 2011, 05:40:40 PM

Rualert

I can get you some numbers if you still want them, but it will be over the weekend for me. I have a 2250 pistol coming together, and it has the stock 14.5" barrel, and cO2 cart setup. I can take some numbers with a stock valve for you if you still need them. If I remember correctly, a previous one shot right in the 500 FPS neighborhood. and got around 30-40 shots like Eric's. Let me know, may just do some testing just because anyway.

Casey

packrat

JASON..the following are numbers from a Mountain Air 2250B that I had built..it is a "HOT ROD" and is pretty close to the max, as far as performance goes......22 caliber, 12g cartridge, 18" barrel, using 14.3 Crosman pellets.

Shots 1-10 avg.677 fps..hi=704...lo=665
Shots 11-20 avg. 612 fps, hi=658...lo=524
Average for a shots 1-20= 646 fps

As you can see only about the first 10 shots were usable for hunting...Keep in mind this gun had EVERY performance mod that Mountain Air offered......any less and performance is going to suffer significantly..hopefully this will give you an idea of "how far you want to go"... ;)

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

bradyman1

Rualert if you find the time to do the testing post up the results. They would be very helpful.

Packrat, that is one hot gun.  :o The first 10 shots rival my Crosman Titan. I don't have a chrony but I hear the standard is around 7..-715 with cphp.

Thanks guys!
Jason

bradyman1

What is the length of pull on one of these? I am wondering if my 7 year old can shoot it.
Jason

bdb12586

the length of pull is 15.75" which is about 2.25" longer than most rifles. I'm 6' and was thinking about taking 2.5" off.

bradyman1

How would you go about reducing the length of pull? Change the stock? I guess you could cut a section out of it but how would you put it back together?
Jason

bdb12586

was thinking about cutting a section out and useing long screws to reattach. If you look at some other custom builds you will see how people installed different butt plates.

eric

folks have shorten them for kids by removing a section from the top and bottom using the rear of the oem stock.
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

quickster47 †

Take a look at my 1740 FT gun build and you can how I shortened the stock and then added a new aluminum piece for the Morgan adjustable butt stock.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=3017.0

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bdb12586

Carl I was thinking about that gun when I posted. I hope someday my gun grows up to be just like it :-*

bradyman1

I did it.  :)

Summary:

Item Image Qty Price
Custom 2400KT
    Engraving: Mini Sniper   x1  $80.85 
    BASE UNIT: CO2 Carbine base unit   x1   
    Barrel: 14.6 Cros (.22)   x1   
    muzzle brake Front Sight: no sight   x1   
    Sight and Scope: No Scope   x1   
    Trigger Shoe: No Shoe   x1   
    Grip: Shoulder Stock   x1   
Subtotal:
Shipping & Handling:
Total:     $80.85
$13.26
$94.11

This is going to top it.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Leapers_Golden_Image_4x32_Rifle_Scope_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube_3_8_Rings/3015
Jason

arkmaker †

Quote from: bradyman1 on March 22, 2011, 06:58:42 PM
I did it.  :)

Summary:

Item Image Qty Price
Custom 2400KT
    Engraving: Mini Sniper   x1  $80.85 
    BASE UNIT: CO2 Carbine base unit   x1   
    Barrel: 14.6 Cros (.22)   x1   
    muzzle brake Front Sight: no sight   x1   
    Sight and Scope: No Scope   x1   
    Trigger Shoe: No Shoe   x1   
    Grip: Shoulder Stock   x1   
Subtotal:
Shipping & Handling:
Total:     $80.85
$13.26
$94.11

This is going to top it.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Leapers_Golden_Image_4x32_Rifle_Scope_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube_3_8_Rings/3015

Nice Choice! Looks like that little 4x will fit perfectly sitting on top!!!!

Congrats

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bdb12586

Quote from: bradyman1 on March 21, 2011, 04:40:39 PM
How would you go about reducing the length of pull? Change the stock? I guess you could cut a section out of it but how would you put it back together?
Ok so after I got my LDC my 2400 didnââ,¬â,,¢t fit in the case anymore so I decided to reduce the length of pull on my stock. It's really straightforward but does have the potential to get screwed up

First thing I didnââ,¬â,,¢t do but wished I had was drill the holes into the back of the butt plate down into the stock in which you will be reattaching the butt plate, once the butt plate is cut off it is very hard to get lined up and drill

Second thing to be sure of, is the angle you cut, you want all cuts to be the same angle so when you screw the butt plate on it sits flush and level. if you use a hose clamp around the piece to be cut and follow the edge with a hack saw or band saw this should keep the same angle. Because you have to spread the stock open a little you will have to change the angle on 1 side with a file or perhaps a rasp.

Third thing is length to be removed. Because of the shape of the stock you might want the length of pull just a little longer than normal so your wrist sitââ,¬â,,¢s comfortable. I took off 2.5ââ,¬Â so I can fit it in my case, I wish I went with 2ââ,¬Â but still not bad for me anyway.

Last thing I did was use a soldering Iron to ââ,¬Å"weldââ,¬Â the stock back together. You can use a razor knife to shave pieces of stock and melt in if you need to fill in any mistakes. Just make sure you use soldering iron in a very well ventilated area because the fumes are toxic. I then used pipe insulation as a check piece works good for me.

quickster47 †

Well after it is all said and done, it came out quite good.  Nice job on everything.  I didn't try but wonder if Cyanoacrylate (super glue) could be used to put the pieces back together.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bradyman1

Looks good. Thanks for the help guys. Now begins the waiting game  :(.
Jason