TKO

Started by bdb12586, March 13, 2011, 03:40:08 PM

bdb12586

Getting ready to order a LDC still not sure on 5" or 6.5" looking to use on my 2240 and my 2400 suppose the question is, to owners, what would you guy's recommend.

brian

ChokingVictim

I would go with the larger for more hush factor.
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

quickster47 †

As in many other things in life, longer is better.  ;D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bdb12586

ok, thanks guys' I figured but

the old guy

Had the same questions for a couple weeks so I took the guys on the forums advice and call Mike at TKO. Just like the guys say he answered all the questions and then some. Place the order for 6 1/2 V series. I see why he has such a great reputation.

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

zoned

Go for the largest diameter and longest that you can use. The more expansion room the better it will work.

bdb12586

I called him last week. I spent about an hour on the phone bs'n about air guns and what have you, he is a real nice guy to deal with. I know bigger is better I was just hoping to hear " the 5" works fine" but I could always use an extra 1.5"

1377x

Quote from: bdb12586 on March 14, 2011, 02:12:43 AM
I called him last week. I spent about an hour on the phone bs'n about air guns and what have you, he is a real nice guy to deal with. I know bigger is better I was just hoping to hear " the 5" works fine" but I could always use an extra 1.5"
that's what she said!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

bdb12586

Well I ordered the 6.5ââ,¬Â on Sunday. I hope itââ,¬â,,¢s not too big; sometimes they donââ,¬â,,¢t fit when you try to put them away. I donââ,¬â,,¢t want it to get caught in the zipper but I guess itââ,¬â,,¢s better than being to short and everybody laughing at me for having one that doesnââ,¬â,,¢t work well.

brian

1377x

i had a tko 6.5 discovery break it worked great when shooting under 30fpe anything above that was slightly louder
my disco pistol shoots 38fpe she still had a little bark to her with the tko.when i de-tuned her, thought i posted numbers oops :-[ ,she became mouse fart quiet i think she was shooting around 23fpe at the time

bdb12586

got my muzzle LDC today, very happy with it and TKO. ordered it last sunday off mike's site and recieved it today. just got to do some soda can snippin out my second floor window :-*

1377x

Quote from: bdb12586 on March 21, 2011, 08:21:19 PM
got my muzzle LDC today, very happy with it and TKO. ordered it last sunday off mike's site and recieved it today. just got to do some soda can snippin out my second floor window :-*
another satisfied customer
thats what i like to hear
congrats

niclaw

I just installed a 5'' on my 2240.  I guess I compromised some because I didn't want the extra length. It is quieter,  would a 6.5 be better?  Maybe if I had a side by side  comparison I'd think different, but I'm OK with what it does.
niclaw

SaiCo

Quote from: niclaw on March 21, 2011, 09:40:25 PM
I just installed a 5'' on my 2240.  I guess I compromised some because I didn't want the extra length. It is quieter,  would a 6.5 be better?  Maybe if I had a side by side  comparison I'd think different, but I'm OK with what it does.
I also have the 5in, but mounted on a 2250b that's been power modded. I love being able to hear the pellet impact. If I miss the first shot on a squirrel, they don't run very far, and I can get a second shot off. When I first installed, I didn't tighten the screws down enough, and it came off on a hunting trip. I didn't notice because I have camo wrap going over the brake and barrel. After I shot a pellet through it, and noticed the angle on the brake (not straight, but drooping down) I rushed hone to inspect it. After shaking pellet fragments out of it, I looked inside with a flashlight, slight cosmetic damage on the inside of the mounting collar, but still works GREAT.
Mike T. makes an awesome product, one that I can whole heartedly recommend.
Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection