HB22 Owners need a favor

Started by Heavy26R, March 19, 2011, 01:17:11 AM

Heavy26R

All,

I received a replacement HB22 after a quality issue with the first order.  The replacement appears to have a non brass piston.  The serial number beginning with 2 has a brass piston part 397-025 can be seen here http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/BHB17A-EVP%20&%20PL.pdf.  The new one I received has a serial number of 1 and the piston is silver.  The piece is a circular dohnut that exits the pump barrel the near the air hole when the pump arm is fully extended.

Which one is on your BH22?  What does your serial number start with?  Whole thing if your willing.  Which would you prefer, Brass or the silver looking one?  

As always, thank you for your response.  Thank you extra if you took the time to check your HB22.  I know it's a pain in the ass, but you'd be helping me out.

V/r,

Chris  

quickster47 †

Don't have a HB22 but I am betting that the silver looking piston is aluminum.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Heavy26R

So if it's aluminum, should I keep the one with the brass?

NorthStaR

Without going into the issues I have had with my EB22, I have ended up with two valves (its the co2 version of your HB22).
One valve being aluminum and the other is brass like yours (but different!  ;) ).
Assuming they both work then I suppose the biggest difference is weight.

Technical differences aside, I'm not sure if it matters.  ???
If they're both brand new and work then personal preference.

Its interesting you have had a similar part difference like I did.  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Heavy26R

I called Crosman and the support staff said based on the serial numbers they were only 1 month apart.  She said the serial number beginning with 2 was newer, and this one has the brass piston.  They stated that the build out is always based on parts availability.  In my opinion this standard or lack there of sucks! 

NorthStaR

Funny, I thought the brass one was older - only because I was thinking aluminum is more space aged!  ;D

So if you have both pistons? You could try them both out and see if there is any difference in performance or feel.
This is something I intend to do with mine when I get both valves working that is!
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....